Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 03:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Crap!!! We know nothing  (Read 5913 times)
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »

I know what you mean Country. We have an on-going news story here about a poor family in Titusville that had a branch break off an oak tree and puncture their roof. The problem is that no one is willing to fix the roof until they have the BEES removed. Seems a colony was living in the branch and when it crashed so did the bees. The reports were that, not only could the poor folks not afford any of the bee removal (read exterminators) but none would even come to look at them until the Labor Day holiday was over.

I e-mailed the station mgr and told him that I would happily remove the bees for these folks free of charge and even do it ON Labor Day. I understand that the station has worked some sort of deal with a remover and wanted to wait until he did it as an exclusive piece.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »

who do you think would be at fault for bad news selling?
bigbearomaha
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

us for continuing to buy such idiocy.
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 06:31:05 AM »

True, if I buy a newspaper I would support the lies.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »

oh my!!!

we start off with the originator of the thread comparing us all to sheep which is quickly followed by one that devalues education and understanding while asking the question as to what information they can trust.

oh my!!!

perhaps it is as simple as the Matrix suggest... you have a choice of the blue pill or the red pill.  sadly most folks don't want to see anything beyond the world of their own little reality.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

I don't see where I said all were sheep..... but if the shoe fits.....

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
bigbearomaha
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »

while you're busy not being witty at criticizing other peoples posts, I'd love to hear you try to prove the other posts are wrong.

I fail to see how advising people to use multiple, corroborated sources for getting information and making judgments based on one's own perceptions gathered from independent study instead of taking the judgment passed on in the presented information is a bad thing.

Way back a long time ago, in journalism classes, corroboration was the big, important thing to being taken seriously as a journalist.  If it was good enough back then, why not so now?  Of course, back then it was also touted as 'fact based' reporting.  Additional commentary was called editorializing and was supposed to be kept separate from actual news reporting.  Something that you don't see a lot o now.

Big Bear
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »

Back in the day when I was taking jounalism courses we were taught to verify, verify, and verify.  I was assigned a story for the campus newspaper, corraborated my facts, wrote the article and submitted it for publication.  I was promptly called into the office of the Journalism department head, who acted as the editor of the campus rag, and told to rewrite the story with a specific slant.  I said, but that's not what this story is about.  The professor then said, "The story is always about what the editor says it's about, and don't ever forget that."  I changed my major the next term.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 07:40:23 AM »

jerrymac writes:

snip..
There is a cliff in front of you. Open your eyes little sheep.

tecumseh:
it wasn't that hard for me to find.  perhaps 'that' glass slipper fits on your own foot quite well?

bigbear writes:
while you're busy not being witty at criticizing other peoples posts, I'd love to hear you try to prove the other posts are wrong.

tecumseh:
not certain if this comment was designed for my eyes (so much for journalism school) but I am rarely witty.  evidently logic class (or American legal precedent)  didn't suggest to you that proving a negative is a worthless endeavor....   

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »

If you want to suggest that our discussion that these media sources are intentionally inaccurate, then show us how it is wrong.  you continue to be vague instead of providing specific points.

to defend my point, I give you specifically the news reports of a 9 year old boy and his dog who were "attacked" by a "swarm" of bees.  Nowhere in the article does anyone investigate that out of a number of potential stinging insects that could have done this, it was actually bees.

It was just taken as a given.

hardly accurate or 'investigative' reporting in anyone's book.

Big Bear
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

jerrymac writes:

snip..
There is a cliff in front of you. Open your eyes little sheep.

tecumseh:
it wasn't that hard for me to find.  perhaps 'that' glass slipper fits on your own foot quite well?

Wow! Really? That means everyone is the sheep? I really meant to include every one with that? I am so glad you are around to tell me what I am thinking.

I am sure there are a few goats, pigs and Jackasses that are not following the flock, that are not going to jump off the cliff.

( now he will say I am calling "ALL" the rest either goats, pigs or jackasses.)

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

That is where the liberals go, they hide in college and become professors instead of making it in the real world and working for a living. evil
This will probably come as a shock to you, CountryBee, since you apparently don't have much political diversity in your life, but lots of liberals have not gone to college. Lots have gone to college and did not become professors. And lots have gone to college (or not) and work their butts off to make a living.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »

my point proven.
I guess I missed where this happened. Or, is CountryBee agreeing with you proving your point? I thought you were for more tough standards of proof than other people's opinions  rolleyes

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
bigbearomaha
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

this is where your assumption is causing you confusion.

one persons corroboration is not all it takes, but for me, in my study of the situation, his is one more example that further corroborates or proves my point.

Yes, I know you love to be vague and contradictory, as if that alone will prove something.  That's ok, it's still a fun discussion.

In fact, you need not even take my word for it, you are more than welcome to do  your own research and find corroboration .  Of course, after you get enough supporting information, anything more is simply one more item to prove that which you have already figured on.

Big Bear
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »

luvin honey, when I was back in high school all of my teachers wanted me after I graduated to register as a democrate (I was still 17 till graduation).  They said it was for the working man.  Since then I have learned it is the opposite.  I am registered republican so I can vote in primaries.  It would be nice to have another larger party, but there is not.  When I went to college, all but one of my professors was a democrate.  The only one that wasn't was a family court judge that taught me a class.  They continually have you read books in english and lit. and do reports in other classes like economics to stress their points, if I didn't I would fail.  The professor is the law in college.  That is how it is.  I went to and also visited 6 colleges, maybe they are not all the same everywhere else.  These are just how these ones were from the dean down. 
    I am not a sheep, a sheep follows a leader or another sheep.  I do not like our leader or very many other sheep. grin  And I do not care for heights! grin (To jump off the cliff silly!) grin
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »

Just a side note POTUS on XM radio is a great place to get actual speeches and briefings as they happen throughout the day.  You can get it on-line as well. I like to hear what people say and then make up my own mind.  Its when people only get their information from pendants and non-reporters thats where the twists come in.In my opinion, and can I be a pig?  I love pulled pork sandwiches, if I have to be something I would be pork.  It is tasty... grin

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »

I loved pulled pork sandwiches too!  Marinated ones!  Man it is too early but the food sounds better, maybe a little better, than this coffee! grin
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »

That is where the liberals go, they hide in college and become professors instead of making it in the real world and working for a living. evil

so if all the liberals are in college, either all conservatives have been taught by liberals or conservatives have no formal education is that what you are saying about this?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »

it might be that conservatives survive the indoctrination.  smiley

some of us also went through a liberal phase and then came to our senses.

our current admin is the perfect example of people who confuse theory with real life.  anyone who read Karl Marx would be a fan.  anyone who lived through the implementation of Marxist ideology?  maybe not so much.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »

slacker361-"so if all the liberals are in college, either all conservatives have been taught by liberals or conservatives have no formal education is that what you are saying about this?"
In college they teach us how to get the information we need, not how to think or reason it thru.  That is why everything has to have references for all of the work we do.  We cannot use reason or anything like that to come up with the correct answer.  It drives my younger brother crazy, he is almost a doctor now.  Not much common sense, lots of facts and theories but cannot change his own oil.  I wonder if obama could change his own oil?  Did he read a book on it?  Will Rogers said "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves."  Kinda true, kinda funny, wonder which one obama is.  I think I know.  I like how KathyP says about surviving the indoctrination, it is true!  Then again most college kids think they are liberals at that time due to teachers and hormones and rebellion.  Then they come to their senses, their is a time for everything.  Sorry if you are very liberal, I am very conservative.  I am sorry for you for my children and yours if you have any, we have to take care of things for them!  Everything should be done in moderation, not extremety.  You raise honey bees, you know about slowness and caution first.  Hope you have a good day. Country Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next