Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 08:23:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's queen  (Read 3200 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:40 PM »

Thank you American subjects - while you eat cake I am enjoying the fruits of your labor.

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in Spain.
My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family. Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group. These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?). That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

Cordially,

Queen, M. Obama

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

How come Iddee got a thank you letter?    I did not even get a little note.  Maybe he just pays more in taxes?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

Maybe he just pays more in taxes

in that case i should have gotten a fruit basket!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

How come Iddee got a thank you letter?    I did not even get a little note.  Maybe he just pays more in taxes?

Maybe not now, but boy is he going to!!!

Rick
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:59 AM »

Perhaps he was one of the friends who tagged along???
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »

It is so nice she was thinking about the little people.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »

they thank me every other friday on my pay check angry

Keith
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »

iddee--I'm sure you have sources to back up those numbers, right? And comparison with other presidential vacations to see how this one fits into the general trend? Well, at least they weren't gone during one of America's hugest disasters...

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »

Comparison with other presidential vacations?  Like the vacation hot spot of Crawford Texas?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:05 AM »

Yeah let's take a bunch of friends down to Crawford Texas, catch a bunch of them there crawdaddys and have a Texas style BBQ Yee haa

Sit out on the veranda and watch the sun go down. Never gets old.  Jerry

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »

>>>>Well, at least they weren't gone during one of America's hugest disasters...<<<<

REALLY?? And just what do you think they did when the oil rig exploded? Does Maine ring a bell?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »

Uh, they were down there. Remember the other thread of outrage over the president wasting MORE oil to go visit the oil-drenched coastline? Plus, please address the first 2 questions. Unless you were never pretending to be accurate in the first place. In which case, I have no time for your wish to inflame, ignite and otherwise rile up everyone regarding this presidency.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

Well, at least they weren't gone during one of America's hugest disasters...

which 'hugest' disaster was that?

it's less about the vacation and the cost, than about the timing.  all Michelle and company did, was re-enforce the growing notion that our ruling class is out of touch.  way out of touch.  worse, they don't care that they are.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »

Hurricane Katrina. Yeah, I get the "out of touch" part. It would have been nicer to see them going camping.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »

most people only know what the networks told them about Katrina.  most of what they were told is wrong.

where exactly would you have liked bush to be during Katrina?  standing in the eye of the storm with a long robe and a staff?

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »

most people only know what the networks told them about Katrina.  most of what they were told is wrong.

where exactly would you have liked bush to be during Katrina?  standing in the eye of the storm with a long robe and a staff?
This kind of arguing is so annoying. You believe the media when it says what you want it to say, but not when it doesn't fit your arguments? How do you know Michele's trip happened at all, if the media is so unreliable.

And, no, the president should not have been in the eye of the storm. Sarcasm doesn't hide that it's a little sad for a president to STAY on vacation, for DAYS, while Americans are stranded on rooftops and dying.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »

You believe the media when it says what you want it to say, but not when it doesn't fit your arguments

except that i was there after Katrina.  i talked to the people.  i saw what happened.  i know that the state and city are to blame for what happened to those people...and to some extent, the people are to blame.  they had 5 days warning and chose to stay.

i also understand the responsibility of the federal government and the restrictions of the constitution on the feds.  i also wonder why we hear all the sad stories of NO, but MS, which had far more damage, is pretty much ignored.  maybe they didn't whine as much?
now, because of all the fussing over Katrina, the feds are taking on more than they are constitutionally allowed to do.  i guess that piece of paper is worth a good backside wipe these days.   FEMA shouldn't even exist.

i take the news as only a part of my info.  as for Michelle's trip....isn't that what the press is supposed to do?  what happened to the liberal "speak truth to power" thing? 

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »

i take the news as only a part of my info.  as for Michelle's trip....isn't that what the press is supposed to do?  what happened to the liberal "speak truth to power" thing? 
Are you asking should the press report on her trip? Absolutely. Why not? Just saying you can't believe the press when you want to and not believe when you don't want to. Well, you can, but it makes me wonder about a person when they do so. What made it reliable in one circumstance and not in another?

Kinda reminds me of another thread right now. Certain standards apply sometimes, but not others? With some people, but not others? Sometimes the media is believable, but not others?

Yes, I get that some media is more reliable and accurate than others, but the way you apply it above is a little suspicious.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »

Yes, I get that some media is more reliable and accurate than others, but the way you apply it above is a little suspicious.

how so?  if i hear something and can verify it, it's good info.  if i hear something and can't verify, or can prove that it's inaccurate, it's not good info.  if everyone would spend a little time at least trying to fact check what they hear, we'd all be better off. 

what is untrue about the Michelle vacation?  she went.  she spent a lot of money.  some was her money and some was ours.  it LOOKED BAD. it is my opinion that her trip did not do the Obama's any good in the PR department.  now....what did i get wrong?

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 01:36:21 PM »

how so?  if i hear something and can verify it, it's good info.  if i hear something and can't verify, or can prove that it's inaccurate, it's not good info.  if everyone would spend a little time at least trying to fact check what they hear, we'd all be better off. 

what is untrue about the Michelle vacation?  she went.  she spent a lot of money.  some was her money and some was ours.  it LOOKED BAD. it is my opinion that her trip did not do the Obama's any good in the PR department.  now....what did i get wrong?
Nothing. I'm just surprised that you believe everything bad you hear about the Obamas but don't believe the bad you heard about the Bush's. It just looks, well, a little biased.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next