Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 04:48:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's queen  (Read 2995 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »

Nothing. I'm just surprised that you believe everything bad you hear about the Obamas but don't believe the bad you heard about the Bush's.

there are plenty of things that bush did that i don't support.  creating the huge homeland security bureaucracy is among them.  his stimulus program was another.  the bank bailout thing i have  mixed feelings about because i have heard people all over the political spectrum say that it was necessary.  on that, i think he followed the advice he was given by the folks that are supposed to be the experts.  guess i'll have to wait for history to answer that one for me.

the Michelle vacation is just a symptom of the obama attitude.  he seems to think that he was anointed rather than elected and he acts accordingly.  he has a congress that seems to feel the same way. 

the reason we have a constitution, and the reason it is not "a living document" is that no matter who is in the WH, the constitution intends that their actions be constrained by the law.  a lot of presidents have skirted that constraint, but i don't think you'll find any who have no only ignored the constitution, but also ignored the will of the people, to the extent that his president has.  i find it hard to believe that anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the constitution and history can still support this president and this congress.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »

I don't really like any politicians grin  "by the people, for the people"  what a joke now.  I work 3 jobs and get one vacation and it isn't in Spain.  Lets look at all those politicians hands, I can tell how hard they work for their meals in one look! evil
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »

most people only know what the networks told them about Katrina.  most of what they were told is wrong.

where exactly would you have liked bush to be during Katrina?  standing in the eye of the storm with a long robe and a staff?
This kind of arguing is so annoying. You believe the media when it says what you want it to say, but not when it doesn't fit your arguments? How do you know Michele's trip happened at all, if the media is so unreliable.

And, no, the president should not have been in the eye of the storm. Sarcasm doesn't hide that it's a little sad for a president to STAY on vacation, for DAYS, while Americans are stranded on rooftops and dying.
Number 1 the dumb azz people had access to bus's and they stayed any way. allot of them were stealing stuff when it hit. And then they shipped them all over the state's to get rid of their problem evil

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »

iddee---Here's one for you to read: http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/08/06/the-faux-scandal-of-michelle-obama-s-spain-trip.html

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »

iddee I nthink you got a fan Wink

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »

iddee I nthink you got a fan Wink
Uhhh, iddee is the one who started the thread, right?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

>>>>The bulk of the trip—the hotel stay and all meals—were paid for by the Obamas and their close friends who joined them. “Any additional footprint,” says a White House aide, “including additional rooms needed for security support, <<<<

I notice "any additional footprint" Figures were left out, and if you think I am going to believe they were the same in France as in the us, you are sadly mistaken.

I also wonder how many of their "close friends" just happen to be lobbyist.

Anytime newsweek writes a story, I see more suspected whitewash than Tom Sawyer ever had to spread.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »

I'm your friend Iddee!
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »

snip..
iddee I nthink you got a fan

tecumseh:
add me to the list.  or perhaps I should say hopefully I have been on that list for quite some time.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »

I hope everyone doesn't start talking about the "carbon footprint" also!  I have a family of seven and I hate that junk! evil
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

I was out burning big patches of grass burrs around my property. I stepped in the charred areas and left carbon foot prints all over the place.  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »

lau
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »

Thanks, guys.

I try to be friends with Tecunseh even tho he is a democrat, cause he knows so much about beekeeping. I'm trying to learn all I can from him before the Obummer admin starts taxing the internet and I lose it.  Wink   Cry

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 07:16:16 AM »

You know they would only tax it to protect us and save us from it. huh huh  It would bee under his continueing expansion of the homeland security project to protect us from ourselves.  Or they might think we are reading too much and learning about our rights like arizona did and have to sue them into submission! evil
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next