I have heard of wax moths and the damage they do here on the forum but have never had the oportunity to see if for myself till today. A couple of weeks ago a attempted a cut out of a bee tree that had split and fallen. I used rubber bands and filled fifteen frames with comb. I never did get the queen though and as the stump was big enough I set the two deep hive box right in the stump and crossed my fingers. No luck, they swarmed off to a better location. It took me two weeks to go back for the hive. Today, I took the cover off and whew, it smelled bad. I saw a catipillar type worm that was almost an inch and a half run accross one of the frame tops. the frames were all stuck together and it looked like white moss! Cacoons everywhere even on empty frames. I cleaned it up the best I could and dumped the comb so as to bring home only woodenware. I will brush everything off real good before I try and put bees back in there. What a mess! Glad none of my active hives ever went down that road (YET).