Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 12:59:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's thumb nose at Beekeeping laws too  (Read 9721 times)
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »

Mason  applause

PS- Does anyone have popcorn? Wink  This is gettin' good!  grin
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »

Here you go...

pop

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »

Thank you friend! grin
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »

The only thing  I see negative is that Obama is a "do as I say, not as  I do" type of person and this simply reflects that state of mind on yet another topic.

Big Bear

Big Bear,

Respectfully.

You have absolutely NO idea what kind of person Obama is or is not.

I don't either.  All we have is perception based on a very fractured media that , on both sides of the coin, has an agenda to push.  So we are not getting a true measure of the man.  I know people will say that we ( meaning libs like me) never cut Bush that slack.  And I'd have to agree.

But let's at least agree that we really don't know what's in Obama's mind and what kind of person he is.  The job of POTUS involves compromises and conflicts the size and complexity of which we can only guess at.  I shudder to think of the gap between what a president wants to do with his time in office and his actual legacy.
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

I'm also relatively sure that the Obamas were not rubbing their grubby little mits together conspiring over their witches kettle late one night about the evil they might reign on the country by scoffing at the DC beekeeping ordinance.  Likely one of their aides said:

Aide:  Hey one of our employees is a beekeeper  and wants to throw a couple of hives in the new garden.  How bout it?

Obama: Sure.  Whatever, sounds fun. Now where's that NSA briefing on domestic terrorism?
bigbearomaha
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Tell you what, I know what he says when he is televised, you can't say there's media spin on that.  and I can tell from listening to his speeches in the past from his own mouth and watching what he pushes for and what he does that he is definitely a "do as I say, not as I do" type of president.

You may be easily misled by the hype spinning media outlets, but  I watch what people say and what people do.  He has said a lot of things, or don't you watch his press conferences?

He has done a lot of things contrary to what he has said, or don't you read things like voting records and press releases that his own office puts out?

You may try to lecture others for listening like blind sheep to mass media, but I pay attention to more important things.

and if you don't feel you know the character of the person you  I am assuming you voted for, why on earth vote for that person?

Big Bear
bigbearomaha
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »

and by the way,  I already said he is not a beekeeper, but regardless, he is responsible for the running of things around there.

maybe part of the problem with our politicians is that they are so busy paying attention to blaming others, they don't watch what is going on in their own back yard.

You're very right, people who identify themselves as libs or conservatives, dems and reps do play those kind of games where they  only want to push their guy and blast the other.

I don't play that game.

I am not so easily labeled because  I am able to see that things are not only black and white.

Play your partisan games with someone else.

Big Bear
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:33 PM »

The message it sends to me is:  Look at us,  we can do anything we want and are above the law.  You peons however are required to follow these laws or be subject to the fines and penalties associated with them. 

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me. 

OK, apparently he is breaking the law/ordinance whatever you want to call it. My solution would be that bee keeping be legalized everywhere on every continent but that's not going to happen.

For the time being albeit the Obamas are breaking some local laws, bee keeping is getting tons of positive exposure, that is my point.

Positive exposure is good for the future of bee keeping, really friggin' good if you ask me.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:31 PM »

all i need to know is what the man's wife said.   "for the first time in my adult life i'm proud of my country"
what more does anyone need to judge this man ?   he has no interest in what is happening, only what he can "change".
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »

so I am guessing that no one here has ever broken the law? never went faster than the posted speed limit? never lifted a candy bar when they were little? never talked in class when they shouldn't have ?  if that is true then please be the first to cast the stone.

If it really bothers you that there is a beehive at the white house, write the president and express your concern about it. That is one of the great things about this country, is you can tell the president something like this , without fear of going to the work camp.

IMHO
bigbearomaha
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

so I am guessing that no one here has ever broken the law?

so as long as other folks are doing it, it's ok huh?

not where I grew up

Big Bear
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »

Hehehe this is a good one i just couldn't pass it up.  The point you guys are all missing is would you really want to be a bee at the whitehouse?  Honestly those must be some pretty good bees to put up with Marine One's down wash all the time.  Law or no law those bees live a pretty hard life to give publicity like JP says.  If this was the only law i considered Obama to have broken he would probably be the best president since ol' George Washington.  Wait maybe chopping down a cherry tree is worse then keeping bees in Washington D.C. maybe not i'll leave that for you guys to debate lol.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:42 AM »

all i need to know is what the man's wife said.   "for the first time in my adult life i'm proud of my country"
what more does anyone need to judge this man ?   he has no interest in what is happening, only what he can "change".
Oh, puhlease. Where to even start with this comment? First of all, if I am ever judged by what my spouse says, I'm in deep doo-doo. So is he, as we both say things ALL THE TIME that do not reflect what the other believes.

Second of all, until you have walked in her shoes, you have no idea whether she ever experienced anything in her life in America to be proud of.

Thirdly, do you believe everything you ever said could stand up to public scrutiny, in context or not?

And I have no idea what you mean by the last sentence, but it's pretty hard to "change" things if you don't know the status quo.

Geez, people, this is so nitpicky. Who cares why they have bees at the White House? Who cares why they want honey? It's a good thing any time there is someone caring for bees.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »

Imagine if the bees could talk!  What stories they could tell us! grin
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »

Imagine if the bees could talk!  What stories they could tell us! grin

Mine do all the time!

"pollen, pollen, look at all that pollen.  got that flower, oh look, a new fresh one, I'll get that one.  got that one, that stupid carpenter bee is on that one, I'll try this one...."
 grin

Rick
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 10:14:09 AM »

Luvin',

I totally agree.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »

Geez, people, this is so nitpicky. Who cares why they have bees at the White House? Who cares why they want honey? It's a good thing any time there is someone caring for bees.

you're right.  why do we bother to even have laws and rules in the first place.   I mean really, who cares how things get done as long as they happen right?

the end justifies the means and why wait for others to get what  I want if  I  can just do whatever  I need to, when  I want to to get what  I want.  right?

but wait, you mean this is a country based on the rule of law.  even "little" laws?  you mean to tell me that all laws are meant to be broken and that if you have the means and power, the laws don't apply to oyu as much as others?

sounds like straight thinking to me.   rolleyes

Big Bear
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »

Sure, Big Bear.

I bet you drive 25mph everywhere you go.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:06 PM »

I drive the posted speed limit. and I have the driving record to prove it.  As a licensed professional driver,  I also happen to believe that following the driving laws are very important to truck drivers in keeping what little respect we do have from those 4 wheeler folks who think the highways are  their personal autobahn.

I see your partisan game playing again.  don't stick to doing the right thing yourself, no.  try to justify your own bad behavior by redirecting the attention to someone else.

thanks for the example.

Big Bear
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

It isn't the breaking of beekeeping laws that the current first family does that bothers me.  And I doubt that is others problem here either.

It is jumping on the bandwagon of some of the popular movements, telling people that they should do that too, and how wonderful it is that they made a garden on the whitehouse lawn and now they have wonderful bees and watch me plant lettuce and how wonderful this is and all that.  Oh and how about this cute puppy that we rescued?

Sheesh.  That is probably the first time the first lady has ever been near dirt. Or a dog.

I'd rather a president who when at the white house is a president, and then when he goes back home he's a farmer or gardener or rancher and does it on his spare time out of the public eye.

Home gardens are great, I've had one for years and love it.  I detest it when people join a fad and parade around how great it is and how wonderful they are.  And how to save the environment and <snort!> change our lightbulbs to save greenhouse gasses, and then load up the giant plane and fly across the world so they can sit on a eauropean beach, generating more co2 in a week than my family will create in our lives.

The current family is very good at saying (and acting) out one thing, but living another.  Either live it, or don't preach it to us.  But I don't expect either to happen.

<ok, now calm down, rick!!>

Rick
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next