Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 08:07:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's thumb nose at Beekeeping laws too  (Read 8974 times)
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »

I am obeying my ordinances.  I own the whole hill, so even if there was one where I live I obey it fully.  Too bad he doesn't obey his own oath of office that he swore on the Bible for..... grin
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."  does that mean all laws?  On the Bible?  SHAME!
melliferal
House Bee

@Checkmite

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »

Doesn't work that way, though. It's always the property owner that gets charged for property violations.  If you hire a taxi and tell him to get you home as fast as he can, and he runs a red light, who gets cited - you or the driver?

But this isn't a taxi, it is property.  if the property owner hires a gardener who plants an illegal substance on the property, the property own is liable because it is their property.  The gardener will get picked up as well for involvement.

If Obamarama told the WH gardeners to plant MJ in the garden, it is Obamarama who gets to talk to the popo. (well, he would if he weren't in a "privileged" position anyway).

But it isn't Obama's property.  The property owner is the US Government.  Obama is more like a resident manager than the property owner.

As DC is a federally administered municipality, what it amounts to is the federal government citing the federal government, which would have to pay the fine to the federal government.

And don't even get me started on all the parking tickets every serving president in the last 100 years owes just about every municipality in the country.  I never saw a single one of those maniacs stop at a single red light while they were in office! And we're supposed to follow these shameless criminals? Outrageous!
If  I lease or own property,  I am responsible for the activity and substances on that property, not my gardener or hired staff, I am.

Big Bear

Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »

You're likely right in that he is more like a renter or something.However, he obviously has the authority to make changes to the property at will, meaning there is some assumption of responsibility or something.

I have a friend of mine who receives as part of his job as a park ranger, a residence he lives in year round.  He is not the property owner, nor is he technically a renter or lessee.  However, if he were to take action or be in possession of something that is illegal while he is there, he is the one held responsible.

I would be very interested to understand what the understanding/agreement is for someone like the president living in what  I expect to be a similar situation.

on another issue brought up, I am likely not doubting that the president and others enjoy some sort of diplomatic immunity to local ordinances.

As someone else has stated though, being president is highly public and scrutinized continuously.  One would think the person holding that office would try to be an example of the expectations he holds of others.

and that is regardless of who is in that office.

Big Bear
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."  does that mean all laws?  On the Bible?  SHAME!

Judge and Jury before all the facts are in ,this is the problem
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »

We have the pics,  the blueprints of his wife, the laws of that area, and no response, sounds kinda like ARIZONA!  Oh, that is what obama is doing to the sheriff there...... grin
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2010, 08:38:29 PM »

Oh, I forgot you like to read the news.
"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has conducted regular arrest sweeps to try to round up illegal immigrants and smugglers in the state that has borne the brunt of people trying to sneak into the United States illegally from Mexico.

Arpaio's crackdown on illegal immigrants has helped thrust the issue to the forefront nationally. The Obama administration is in a legal wrangle with Arizona over a strict new law against illegal immigration that the state passed in April.
The Justice Department had been in negotiations with Arpaio to obtain documents related to the crackdown as well as access to the county's jails, but those talks broke down and the agency filed a lawsuit to compel his cooperation."
"Last March, the Justice Department requested a myriad of documents and advised the sheriff's office that the probe would also include tours of facilities as well as interviews with senior officials, line officers and jail inmates."In a letter to the Justice Department last week, Arpaio's lawyer called it "simply unreasonable" for the Justice Department to request any document it wants, to access any facility it seeks and to interview any witness it wants without any limits."WASHINGTON/PHOENIX | Thu Sep 2, 2010 4:23pm EDT
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »

My gawd Country Bee do you want the man to call you directly and apologize for the hives.  Get over it.

And, NO, he didn't swear an oath to uphold the laws and statutes of D.C.  He swore an oath to uphold the Constitution.  Learn a little Constitutional law before you way in on tings you know NOTHING about.  The Constitution is the Constitution.  Local laws are a completely separate thing.
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2010, 07:23:22 AM »

Why would he continue to try and stop another "law man" from evicting "illegal" imigrants from the United States of America?  I didn't ask the president to apologize, just to stop bringing my country down all the time.  There are several things wrong: the bees are just one thing that is in the newspaper that he and his wife is doing probably against the law and since he is in the position he is in, he must always set the best example for everyone.  But he is not.  Another is how hard it is for people to find jobs in this country, why are their so many illegal imigrants here?  The president does not want to send them back either, they did not come in the legal way but he still says it is ok?  Not a very good example!
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »

Country Bee.  All due respect.  You are insane. 

Show me one solid piece of evidence where Obama has said illegal aliens are "okay".  He has called for reform and a change in policy, and has condemned the Arizona law, but he HAS NEVER outright condoned illegal immigration as "okay".

Back up your statements with fact.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »

outright condoned illegal immigration as "okay".

and this is the key.  "outright"

you are correct.  he has not stood up and said "y'all come".  by his actions, he has shown that enforcement of the law is not only not his priority, but will not be tolerated.  one might think that the justice department had better things to do that go after AZ and Sheriff Joe?  the fact that they have made this such a priority speaks volumes.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2010, 12:25:54 PM »

Actions speak louder than words" means that your actions (what you do) communicate more clearly than your  words (what you say).

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »

Actions speak louder than words" means that your actions (what you do) communicate more clearly than your  words (what you say).

Not to put undue demands on site administrators, but a "like" button, or thumbs up would be really neato.

be happy and make others happy.
BC
New Bee

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »

Maybe the Bee's need a Green Card. I'm sure Obama can help ?
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »

Beek4018, maybe you should look for insanity in a mirror. Change the word says in Country's last sentence to implies and you have a totally true post. Some people, tho, just don't have the intelligence to realize when they are being robbed of all they hold dear and sacred.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

and sometimes we know when we have been served Kool Aid and decide "not to drink"
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »

Isn't obama's aunt in the United States illegaly?  And the took a photo of here at one of his parties at the white house this year?  Guess he doesn't press charges....
beek4018, did you vote for obama?  do you own anything in this precious earth?  I do, not the bank and I care very much for all of it, the land to.  I do not like people telling me what to do and what not to do on my own property when they do not own anything.  They can go work three jobs and buy some themselves and do what they want, not tell me what to do with what I own.  Control without the ownership.  That is what our newest president does with everything in life.  Who is his dad?  Does he have pride in our country?  Does he respect his parents?  Does he respect life?  Does he set a good example for the rest of us, he is the highest authority, the best of the best.  He should lead by example like I do for my children.  That is what a good leader should do.  Is he?  Did any of the others?  Some better than others.  I liked Reagan best, that is just me.  Some liked Bush, others like Obama.  I just think that he can do so much better, but is not.  I will not remember him in a good light.  He offended me at Norte Dame when he put his pennant over Jesus Christ to do a speach.  It was like he thought he was better than Him.  That is what started it for me.  People are different, some like him.  Immigrants love him!  I do not.  It is my right to say, so I do.  You can disagree, that is your right, this is still America.  We are still somewhat free, for now.
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »

pop  I don't know what we're going to do for enjoyment after the next presidential election when the current administration is replaced with one that is actually willing to do it's job AND defend and protect the Constitution, instead of trying to either re-write it to fit their needs or simply ignore it, like they have been.

Brian Perhaps the American people should simply take time to read and understand the Constitution.  It isn't a difficult read.  If you actually read it for yourself, then you would see how flagrently the currently administration is ignoring and trampling our basic rights and freedoms.

Yes, the president should lead by example.  If the hive is illegal, it should be removed, or moved to a location to bring it into compliance with the ordinance, even though I don't see the harm in having it there.  It's a simple matter to resolve.   beat a dead horse

hissy fit People just look for things to argue about.  Here's a thought, instead of sitting around bickering about the little things, become active and try to help solve the big problems facing this country.  Instead of worrying about a possible illegal beehive, start worrying about your neighbors who have lost their jobs to cheap overseas labor, or the flood of illegal immigrants entering our country and taking jobs from actual citizens of this country.  What can you do??? Buy American products when available, even though they cost more.  Call or write your Congresspeople and demand our borders be secure.  Stop sitting around crying  Cry about things you don't like.  Become active and become a force to bring about correcting the course of the country before it's too late.  drowning  We're circling the drain here people.  Time to get off our backsides, roll up our sleeves and get to it!  soapbox
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »

Here is the site I use to get my emails out, I just click the name and it takes me to that congressperson's site with their contact info.  Most of the time they do not reply.  The governor does, he is terrible, but he replies which is nice.  And I do like whining, that passionate about country thing. grin
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »

Lenape13, well put, should have been said 4 pages ago.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next