Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 04:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's thumb nose at Beekeeping laws too  (Read 9422 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »

Well ok I guess I am a hypocrite. I did not take a job to enforce the laws of the land, cops did. I expect them to obey those laws to the letter.

But any way.....

I found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beekeeping

And it says..

Paris, Berlin, London, Tokyo and Washington, D.C., are among beekeeping cities.

But I couldn't find anything about beekeeping laws in DC. Has anyone else looked for anything? What did you find?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »

so as I see it right now , we dont even know if there is a law about no beekeeping in washington dc? think how red peoples faces will be if there is no law about not being allowed to keep bees in DC     lau lau lau lau
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »

the USDA has but bee hives on top of their building, and it is in washington DC.  hmmmm 
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

Good grief. This entire stupid uproar over exactly nothing. Maybe people will stop believing everything they read. Thanks, Jerrymac, for looking that up and posting it. I should have done so long ago myself.  rolleyes

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »

Well, this link will seriously annoy the Obama haters, but here's one that talks about beekeeping in the White House influencing NYC to revoke its beekeeping ban. Thanks, Obamas!

http://www.globalshift.org/tag/beekeeping/

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
bigbearomaha
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

as per the very first post in this thread, had anybody bothered to read it...

District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR) states in Title 24, Chapter 9, Section 904:

so unless the code has been rescinded since 1981, and the obamas hives are further than 500 feet from any residence or those bees are permanently kept in an obh or under a net of some sort, they are violating the code.

wow,that was hard to look up.  only had to read the first post to find it.

sheesh

Big Bear
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »

so how far are the bees from where people can go?
bigbearomaha
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »

white house hive pics

well, 500 feet is about the distance of one and two thirds football fields.  based on the pictures in the link,  I would venture that those hives are closer than that to the white house, which is a residence.

Big Bear
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

Hard to judge distance in a picture. The white house sits on 18.5 acres. I have five acres and can get my bees 800 feet from my house and still be on my property.

Just sayin'...

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
bigbearomaha
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »

you're right.  especially from the angles those picture are taken.  But I finally found an excuse to bring football into the discussion.  heh heh.

I don't have the $ to get a plane ticket to go out there with my tape measure and step it off though.

Big Bear
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2010, 06:54:01 AM »

If the new president would respond to letters like all the other ones I could tell you, but he won't, sorry. Sad  Not even one of those I'm very busy and will answer it as soon as I can generic letters.)  I guess you can't ask a question of the president that the american people put in office for a little while longer...... Undecided
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 09:40:46 AM »

Country Bee,

$^*?
melliferal
House Bee

@Checkmite

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »

what   I said, if you care to actually go back and read it, was that Obama is the president and he is responsible for what happens at the white house.  the bees were placed on the grounds at his direction.

Doesn't work that way, though. It's always the property owner that gets charged for property violations.  If you hire a taxi and tell him to get you home as fast as he can, and he runs a red light, who gets cited - you or the driver?

Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Country Bee,

$^*?
Maybe he wrote to the president about the White House bees?

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »

beek4018- the pres. won't answer if he has bees on his property and how far away they are from another residence.  He doesn't respond to letters like congress and previous pres. .
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

Yeah, I'm fairly certain the prez doesn't answer any of his own mail.  And, honestly, I don't ant him to.  He's a bit busy for that.

Honestly, I don't even want them to ask him about the darn bees.  It's a waste of his time.

I'm fairly certain the White House enjoys a federal dispensation from local statutes.  It's probably illegal in D.C. to land a helicopter in your front yard, and have dozens of guys with high powered rifles dancing about on your rooftop, but there they are.

wink
bigbearomaha
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »

Doesn't work that way, though. It's always the property owner that gets charged for property violations.  If you hire a taxi and tell him to get you home as fast as he can, and he runs a red light, who gets cited - you or the driver?

But this isn't a taxi, it is property.  if the property owner hires a gardener who plants an illegal substance on the property, the property own is liable because it is their property.  The gardener will get picked up as well for involvement.

If Obamarama told the WH gardeners to plant MJ in the garden, it is Obamarama who gets to talk to the popo. (well, he would if he weren't in a "privileged" position anyway).

If  I lease or own property,  I am responsible for the activity and substances on that property, not my gardener or hired staff, I am.

Big Bear
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »

Too bad obama owns the popo now. Cry  wait till next time. grin
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »

so all if this hatred has been for naught. Just think if we could put that much effort into something constructive instead of being destructive , what a wonderful world it would be.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »

I have no idea what you are talking about "for naught" the discussion as to whether the Obama's hives are legal or not is still in the air depending on proximity to the building.  The ordinance does exist.

Big Bear
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next