Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 01:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird stuff about us.  (Read 2051 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: August 24, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »

I thought this might be fun. Tell us some of your weird quirks.

I am a bit of a germaphobe. Here are some of the weird things that come out of it. I could have just washed my hands in the bathroom and decide I want a little snack. So I go to the kitchen and wash my hands again. Now let's say I am getting Ice cream. After washing my hands I get a bowl and a spoon out. I more than likely will at least wipe them down with a paper towel. I get out the ice cream and dip me out some. During this process I might get a little on my fingers. Now remember I have just washed my hands at least two times, but I will not lick the ice cream off my fingers. I have to wash it off.

Now here is the thing. I do not know where that paper towel has been.  rolleyes

My wife drives me nuts. She is going to make a sandwich. She takes out the bread and.... OMG!!! she sets it on the counter top. Sends chills up my spine. I got to leave the room.

I could get a clean dish rag with hot soapy water and wipe down the counter top and use a clean towel to dry it off. I could even sanitize it with alcohol and I still would not put the bread on the counter top. I would have to get a plate or..... PAPER TOWEL. Again where has that towel been?

iceberg lettuce. I can peel the outside leaves off of it and then use the rest as is for my salad or burgers or sandwiches.

My wife washes it before use.  I dunno

She says one could get salmonella from it
                                                        jaw drop

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »

i come out of the barn and make my lunch.  my hands get cleaned off on the bread   evil

i don't know how weird this is, but my boys get a kick out of it:  i am a closet gamer.  i find it incredibly relaxing to either blow things up or wander around virtual worlds exploring and problem solving.  i don't have time to do it more than once or twice a week, but i look forward to that little bit of time. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

I never, never, never eat the last bite of whatever it is I am eating. i.e sandwich, hamburger, hotdog, etc. I used to always get in trouble when I was a kid for not finishing my food.

As far as gaming, I love my kids (yeah right, ok its mine) PS3.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »

i come out of the barn and make my lunch.  my hands get cleaned off on the bread   evil

i don't know how weird this is, but my boys get a kick out of it:  i am a closet gamer.  i find it incredibly relaxing to either blow things up or wander around virtual worlds exploring and problem solving.  i don't have time to do it more than once or twice a week, but i look forward to that little bit of time. 

Did you ever play "space quest"? Roger Wilco has to wonder around figuring out how to get out of his predicament.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »

K9-my husband does that.  makes me crazy!!!  he'll eat all but the last bite of ice cream and put the container back.  take all but the last forkful of dinner and leave a bite in the pan.  what is up with that???  grin

never played space quest i don't think.  it kind of rings a bell though....older game?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »

You should worry Jerry. I'm the person who grows those germs and puts them on your counter, in your lettuce and on your paper towels and paper plates.  evil

Hey Jerry, don't touch the steering wheel, its infested with some E coli I put there just yesterday!  grin

My other quirk is that I like to face out when seated in a dining atmosphere. I will usually run to get that spot and fight to get it. My sister n law is the same way and we usually are running to get the same chair.  grin

Oh, I am very particular about the fork I eat with, the tines can't be too long and I won't touch a fork with three tines!

I have to leave the room when my wife puts ketchup on her eggs, can't be around that, it grosses me out.

I have other quirks too, these are just a few.  grin

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »

I always wash any new clothes I purchase before I will put them on.

I also wear all my clothes once, which makes for a lot of laundry. It doesn't matter if I have worn the outfit for 1 hour or all day, it goes into the laundry. My husband is the opposite and wears his outfits until they fall off his back. I am always grabbing his clothes and trying to wash them and he takes them out of the laundry basket and says they are still clean enough to wear. This makes me crazy.

I hate crumbs on the counter and I am always wiping down the counter. (this is how I keep the ants away)  Hubby goes into the kitchen and makes new crumbs.

I have a problem eating leftovers. Somehow it just doesn't look as good as it did the night before, therefore I end up cooking a lot because I am always making fresh food. Hubby will eat anything and the older the better. He complains and says I am always cooking new food when there is already so much food in the refrigerator and he is correct.

And when it comes to a restaurant, I have to be sitting with my back to the window, cannot stand the light in my eyes. Other than that, I am happy sitting anywhere even if I face the wall.

I am sure there is much more, but can't think right now.

Do you still all like me??

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

I have to face the crowds and entrances also. Usually need a wall behind me if I am standing still.

Not that I am paranoid or anything.

Jerry

VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »

I have to face the crowds and entrances also. Usually need a wall behind me if I am standing still.

I do that to but its more of a habit now than a quirk. Being the Police aka Da Fuzz,Po-Po, the Law, etc 5-oh etc made me that way. I cannot sit in a restaurant with my back to the door, on duty or off.

As far as leftovers are concerned, they get the smell check. If it doesnt knock me down when I smell it, then its still safe to eat.
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »

I hate crumbs on the counter and I am always wiping down the counter.
Do you still all like me??

Yes, we still like you! LOL, that is my pet peeve, too. I now have tea-stain colored countertops that hide the dirt so well that I have to wipe them down 5 times just to make sure they are clean. The sponge must be sqeezed out at all times, otherwise it smells. If the clothes sit in the washing machine for very long, they have to be rewashed, 3 times (NEVER buy a front loader, they don't get the smell out). Other than that, I am perfectly normal. Lips Sealed

I like to start new weird interests. In the '90s, I became interested in emerging diseases, starting with Ebola. Followed Pro-Med Mail for years. JerryMac, that might be a good thing for you! I learned that exposure to some germs helps protect us from others.

Then there was the short font phase. My girlfriends were disgusted. "Enough about fonts! You are NEVER going to get married." It sure helped with my career though.

Took up horseback riding, got into trail riding, and never looked back. Changed my life, made me fall in love with and NEED the country.

Now there are bees.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »

I do that to but its more of a habit now than a quirk. Being the Police aka Da Fuzz,Po-Po, the Law, etc 5-oh etc made me that way. I cannot sit in a restaurant with my back to the door, on duty or off.

As far as leftovers are concerned, they get the smell check. If it doesnt knock me down when I smell it, then its still safe to eat.

I do the same thing, I need an aisle set, back to the wall, and enough room to draw my CCW. A carry over from my Law Enforcement days.
I do wear different guns, holsters, etc depending on the occassion.  For church I wear a modified wallet that slips on the belt and conceal a 32 w/extra clip, also nice for those dress up fancy situations.  Around the homestead I open carry either a 38 with speed loaders or a Tauras Judge loaded with #4 3" 410 shotshells, good for just about anything at close range--disintigrates rats..

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »

I did something REALLY weird one time but Peggy won't let me brag about it any more tongue

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
cow pollinater
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 05:50:03 PM »

I'm a germaphobe in alot of ways but not in any way that a rational person would expect.  I eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches seven days a week because my wife makes my lunchbox the night before and I can't stand the thought of a leftover meat sandwich and the bacteria that it simply has to be laden with... But... I can eat that peanut butter and jelly sandwich behind the cows without washing my hands and if I need both hands to work I just find a gentle cow and lay it down on her back for a second and that's never bothered me. Undecided
I also have to see everyone in the room when we go anywhere but I'm not a cop, I'm just paranoid.
I also have to wash everything before I wear it and I won't put on clothes that haven't been washed within the last week unless I'm desperate and it throws off my whole day.
That all being said, according to my wife, my big quirk is that all of my clothes are the same.  When I find t-shirts that I like, I buy fifteen at a time and wear them until they are in shreds. Same with jeans, shorts, etc.  Sometimes I'll buy one shirt in a different color so that when I have a day off I can feel the same but not look quite the same.

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I still call it shacking up, not co-habitating. And the kids they have are still bastards.

Homos are queer, not gay. Gay means happy. Queer means other than normal. It just describes it better.

The old slang names for different nationalities and groups of people still ring true to me.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »

iddee and I are of the same era.  we just call 'em like we see them and we are too old to be politically correct (whatever that might mean???) heck all this new language just confuses us old guys.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »

I like peanuts but can't stand peanut butter. I can eat peanuts alone, or in candy, ice cream, cookies, Kung Po chicken, whatever. But if something is made with even a hint of peanut butter, I can smell it across the room and won't touch it. My kids love making no-bake cookies because they know I won't touch them!
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 08:14:36 AM »

are you tryin' to tell us indy that you don't eat honey with your peanut butter?

humm....

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »

Hmm...when making a sandwich, I always prepare it on a plate so as to avoid the mess.  Which is silly, because that plate is crunching on all the crumbs left on the counter from my kids making sandwiches.

My wife has a wierd quirk...when dropping a desired food item on the floor (30 second rule!!) that she wants to eat or at least feed to the kids (they don't know any better) she'll blow it off.  Yeah...like that kills any germs or even dislodges any dirt particles.  But it makes her feel better.

Rick
bigbearomaha
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »

I am probably a social paranoid.

I refuse to let my kids go on field trips or anywhere outside the school grounds unless  my wife or  I am there.   i trust no one where my kids are involved.

I do not go to parties, or functions where I work  (when I am not getting laid off, thanks politicians)  I go to work to make money, not friends.  Though I do my best to get along with folks while at work.

if I find myself forced to attend some function, yep, back to the wall, room to move and everyone and every possible entrance in my line of sight.  (I was never a cop, but I was a bodyguard and security professional for quite awhile many moons ago).

I am the guy with the t shirt that says " the more people I meet, the more  I like my dog  (and bees)". 

I am the guy with the sign on my fence that says "forget the dog, beware of owner".   

I am the guy whose house people won't walk in front of, but will cross the street so as to avoid being directly in front of my house. (standing out front with an 80 lb dog hanging by his teeth on your wrist goes a long ways in motivating people to stay away).

HOWEVER...

I am also the guy who is the only person stopping to help people stranded in traffic by pushing their car out of the intersection while everyone else drives by or honks.

I am the guy who will go looking for who is in trouble and providing assistance when someone yells or screams for help somewhere out there.    I am usually the only one responding till (if) the police show up.

I am the guy who will stay with a lost child until a parent of said lost child shows up or authorities take over.  (again, seemingly while everyone else is busy minding their own business).

For going to all the trouble  I do to avoid people,  I usually find myself being the one most often helping complete strangers.  Go figure.

Big Bear
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »

I did something REALLY weird one time but Peggy won't let me brag about it any more tongue

Scott
Oh, come on!!  You can't tease us like that!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »

Big Bear--I think I would like you!

I'm always the parent ON the fieldtrips. While I love kids, I don't trust most people with my kids. While I am happy to have my kids' friends to our house, I am pretty cautious about my kids going other places. Maybe a lot of parents are like that.

As for weird quirks, I don't have any!  grin Oh, maybe I should go ask my husband. I am a neat freak. I cannot stand having crumbs on the countertop. While cooking, baking and canning, which I do a LOT of, I have to keep stopping to clean up in the middle of the project.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next