When I started my hives, I had a couple of 1 story hivebody polystirene [sp] hives given to me. When my bees started growing in numbers, I realized that I needed to get some more hive bodies. So, I bought the bee max polystyrene hive bodies...They dont fit. The new max bodies are just a bit larger than the ones that I have. So, I orded new max hives, complete with top, bottom board and hive bodie and black plastic frames...I have since renounced black plastic frames...It seems the cells are too big and the bees don't like to use them...So, I ordered some wax small cell and wooded frames...I am replacing those plastic frames for the wax cells and attempting to use the plastic for future honey storage. [Unless someone wants them? :lol: ]
Well, I broke down the hives and moved them [not in that order, either] and replaced some plastic with some sm. cell wooden frames. And I got them in order that I want, 2 hive bodies at the bottom for brood and 1 super for this years honey for the bees. [at least that is my goal. ]
I also put in front of the hives entrances some lilac branches, to make the bees reorientate them selves. Cus, I didn't move them very far, but it was more accessable for me. I took them from between the shed and fence to out in the open next to the fence...
Boy, are my gentle bees angry!!!! I think I will leave them alone for a while...Also, I found lots of wax cells tht I clean off some of the old frames...and got some larva in the process...Dang!
I provided some more sugar water, 2:1 mix. Hope they like thier new homes.