Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 09:03:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC "skyline proposal"  (Read 613 times)
Sparky
Field Bee

« on: August 22, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »

Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »

I believe that this skyline is possible.  I really don't think that the Muslim "capital" (just the headquarters for their church) will be in NY.  I am betting on Detroit.  By I can see Sharia law in effect in the US.  2 sets of laws.   Just as in Europe.   
With the NY skyline.  We don't have a right to limit where they can build, but building so close to ground zero is bad taste.   And they teach that they do have a right to lie to non muslims.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »

I think some states see sharia law as a type of arbitration that is contractually binding.  however, the Constitution prevents sharia courts from having any real legal power as their law forces the religion held into the law and those who supposedly must adhere to it.

Where actual law is concerned, The government, including the court system, cannot push a religious POV.

There are several religions that practice some type of religious community courts that are viewed as arbitration but cannot and do not supercede state or federal law.

Big Bear
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »

true, but...

what they want is a dual court system.  http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/sharia_law_in_canada_and_brita.html

we keep saying "it can't happen here" but a lot of things have been happening here that are not constitutional.  when you hunt do you charge through the woods toward your target, or do you lay in wait, sneaking closer as you get the opportunity?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bigbearomaha
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »

mind you,  I am in no way supporting the idea of it.

Personally,  I am with the state of Oklahoma folks who want to put it out front that no way, no how will sharia be accepted in any form in the state.

I hope my state does the same,  i will be right there to support that.

I am just going on recent readings.

Big Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next