Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 07:37:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: about equipment from china  (Read 7418 times)
imabkpr
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 11:39:01 PM »

You say buy american. look around people.those days are gone. The problem is not with the seller. Its with the buyer. If we all refused to buy non american products they would not be here for sale.

A few years ago I listened to a teamster business agent (truck drivers union)  talk to a large group of teamster members about this same thing "buy American " He sounded like a cheerleader at a ball game. Raved on and on, passed out bumper stickers,all types of sighns and hand bills etc.
saying BUY AMERICAN

When i left the meeting hall a few of us stood outside talking when this person came out of the hall, he handed out some more sighns went to and got in his car that had a bumper sticker on it saying "buy american"  THE CAR WAS VW BUG.

We have a country a lot closer to the U.S.A. than China  that need watching.   
wtiger
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »

Cars are on of those things where I would avoid buying American.  The automakers Unions have totally screwed GM and ford.  Only their high end cars and trucks are worth buying.  Everything else is junk. in my opinion and experience.  Heck if you buy a foreign vehicle anymore it's more likely that it was built in the US than if you buy a Ford or GM.  Now that's pretty sad.  Oh and I don't edvocate buying only american.  Just buying products that weren't made in a country where virtual slave labor is the norm and communism isn't the name of the game.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 06:06:53 AM »

About that free trade stuff,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070216/ts_csm/atrade;_ylt=AuHPFuRF5mrpMPL4mdemB1LMWM0F

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »

Americans want high wages,health insurance and other good job benifits.  They also refuse to pay the price of the products that were produced under those conditions. 
just a observation.

imabkpr
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

Americans want high wages,health insurance and other good job benifits.  They also refuse to pay the price of the products that were produced under those conditions. 
just a observation.

Isn't that part of the american dream? Make big money, have good insurance, retire early. Move to florida.  Charlie 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »

I never understood inflation. Nor do I understand the reasoning behind minimum wage laws. What good does it do to raise the wages if the result is price hiking?

What good does it do to make $100.00 bucks an hour if your morning cup of coffee cost you $88.50 and the donut is $20.00.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

>What good does it do to raise the wages if the result is price hiking?

Exactly.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next