For a while there it looked like my girls were going great guns and would give me at least one full super and possibly more to extract this month. but they slowed down a lot in August and I'm left with a mixed bag of things spread across two shallow supers.
I don't have an extractor and would be reliant on a couple of friends to bring theirs over and help out. but given what I've got I'm ot sure it's worth it. I'm curious to know what you think.
Here's what I've got (as I said this is spread across two shallows):
10 frames - No stores and barely drawn out if at all
3 frames - 98% filled and capped ( the other 2% are a few errant cells across the frames that are full but not capped)
2 frames - 20% capped and 80% uncapped (some capped on either side of frame)
2 frames - 100% filled and uncapped
1 frame - 70% filled and capped
1 frame - one side 100% filled and capped; the other side is 100 filled but only 50% capped
1 frame 20% filled but uncapped
s you can see it's a mixed bag.
My plan was going to be to harvest all fully capped frames and put the others in a super above the inner cover and lt the bees rob the uncapped back.
But now I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of moving an extractor around and for seemingly so little.
Also, what can I do wit frames that are partially capped. If I put those above the inner cover now and let the bees rob the uncapped out can I then extract the capped stuff? Or will they steal everything ( even the capped stuff)? And how much can I put above the inner cover and be sure they'll clean it up? I don't want to store drippy frames or partially sealed honey over the winter. Also, how long will it take for them to rob this stuff out?
If I were to decide to feed it all back, do I need to uncap the capped stuff, or can I just put it above the inner cover?
I feel like I need to get this done ASAP, and start feeding to make up the difference.
Sadly I have no room to freeze and store any frames.
Thanks for any help you can give.