Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You will sell your mineral rights for your own good:  (Read 1656 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
You will sell your mineral rights for your own good:
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:48 AM »
Another assault on "private" property owners. I would like to know who determines a fair price and what happens if you don't sell?
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9HHHGCO0.htm

This falls within the abuse of eminent domain forcing people to sell to a commercial industry.It was set up for things like highways, railways, defense bases and stuff like that. Not to help a business take what you own and a bureacracy to determine"fair value".

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: You will sell your mineral rights for your own good:
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »
Did you know that in some states a "property owner" may not actually own the mineral rights?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »
a lot of states don't sell mineral rights.  lots don't sell water rights either.  you own the land, but not whats under/in it.

One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »
I looked at some land once that the man selling was keeping the mineral rights for himself, just selling the land.   He had a gravel quarry on it and was eventually going to dig the whole place up selling gravel.   What good was that land he was selling?

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
When we bought our house, I asked the escrow agent about the mineral rights. He didn't know the answer and said that no one had ever asked the question!