Screen porch trap out at my Father's lake house. Under the porch was finished with a wood ceiling and Pop would not let me open it up to get the bees so we had to trap them. First had to seal off between all between all the floor boards.
Used metal window screen for the funnel (they just don't sell 1/8 inch hardware cloth by the foot anymore here in Georgia). This is the pic after 4 weeks. I started out with a 10 frame deep that I placed a nuc that had 2 and a half frames of bees that came out of a queen castle. After 2 weeks they had 7 frames full and were getting honey bound. I only had 9 frames in the box and all were drawn comb. I had a feeder frame that was in the box when I brought it over and pulled it on when I set it up, but forgot to put the 10th frame back in. So when I came back after a week I brought the 10th frame and a second box just in case. Too late. They filled the open space with comb. I went ahead and placed the second box to keep them from swarming I hope.
I could not get the hive down because of the weight. It is now over 100 pounds from cleaning out the old hive. I plan to move it this week after dark one day.
Here is the funnel with a deep frame for scale.
Bees on the front porch enjoying the day.