Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 06:24:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "JUST SAY NO" PARTY  (Read 4023 times)
bigbearomaha
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »

sounds like a pretty general comment to me.  btw some of us are independents and wouldn't touch a party attachment to save our lives.

to just generally label someone a "liberal" or "conservative" is ignorant because no individual has just conservative or liberal ideas within them.  some may be fiscally conservative yet environmentally liberal, or vice versa.

Thanks for playing the party hack game though.

Big Bear
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 05:21:13 PM »

Ahh, yes, but Edwards didn't leave her. That's a critical detail and difference.

ahhh, so it's better to screw around behind your sick wifes back and father a child, than to end the marriage?  now....i don't know the state of either marriage before the fooling around.  i do know that statistically, illness, family death, etc. is a major stress point in marriage and this is compounded if there are problems already.

i don't think there is an excuse for either, but i'll keep in mind for future conversations that secret affairs are better than divorce if the wife is sick. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »

Bear in mind also that Newt was part of the whole Clinton-Lewinski witchhunt at the same time he was cheating on his wife. So he's spouting family values and trying to impeach a tanding president while fooling around himself.  Lovely example he sets.  I guess he's a do as I say not as I do kind of guy.

How bout we just agree they are all dirtbags and be done with it.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »

we can do that, although calling perjury, witness tampering, and obstruction of justice, a witch hunt is stretching things a bit.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »

Dear Bee Happy,

"No" by itself is fine and often justified.  But use of the word "No" just to be obstructionist, without following up and offering an alternative, useful and constructive alternative is an unpardonable sin coming from an elected leader.

"No. That's a bad bad idea and here's my reasoning...."", is fine.  So long as it's followed up with " Here's what I'd like to propose as an alternative that will satisfy boht your valid points and mine..."

As for your point about Islam....

Yes, there are a lot of crazy radical Muslim thugs. Granted. Nobody with a reasonable mind disputes that.

But the Israelis are currently doing some pretty despicable things in Palestine.  Are all Jews bad?

There have been some pretty ghastly, gross and vile atrocities committed by priests, ministers, bishops, cardinals and Pope's over the years. In fact I venture to say that there have been far more people butchered, sodomized, and tortured by Christians over the last thousand years than in all of the other genocides combined.  Are all Christians bad?

Judging the followers of any religion based on the most visible actions of their extreme ranks and their leaders (often the same people) is taking the bullet train to a religions war, and a walk down a path that humanity can ill afford to tread.

I think the word "obstructionism" has been given some negative connotation that it may not deserve. I think that when a set of values are being attacked by law or forms of propaganda, it would only be a natural defense to obstruct the advance of ideals and values you believe to be detrimental to your society and nation; if it turns out that the choice to obstruct prevented a series of missteps that would result in disaster and chaos, obstruction is not such a bad thing.

I know that there are peaceful proponents of Islam, though I honestly believe that pointing out the brutality in others to excuse it in another may be unwise. If the numbers expressed as a percentage of population for propensity toward violence and oppression were brought into the discussion I feel confident that it would be another matter altogether; I do not believe that the combined acts of violent Jews, Christians, Buddhists, and Hindus could add up in ten years to one year of Islamic religious violence. I did mention though, that it would need to be expressed as a function of percentage Vs. population  - and under those conditions I am still very confident that there would be a much higher percentage of violence from and within Islamic sects than the other religious groups I've mentioned previously.

In another post you mentioned the economy growing steadily. I believe the numbers to be false or misleading - the unemployment rate drop was quickly undone by the approval of new funds for people whose unemployment insurance had expired - the numbers shot upwards again. The economy appears to have barely moved at all under those criteria, and I would contend that those "new" unemployed have been unemployed all along.

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 08:44:11 AM »

wierd thread

I have gotten lost. Is the the one about the mosque... or was it something else  huh

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »

wierd thread

I have gotten lost. Is the the one about the mosque... or was it something else  huh

Yup, or some such word.
cider applause

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next