Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 24, 2014, 08:04:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you hot?  (Read 3246 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: July 27, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »

Where is all this "record heat" I keep hearing about? We have not come close to our record high temps around here. We haven't had them in awhile.  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:58:52 AM »

It's cloudy and spot's of sun about 66F and about 20 miles an hour wind but the bees are out working.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »

It's been in the high 90s here for about a month now...whew!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »

Low to mid nineties here for the last 6 weeks.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
harvey
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »

The heat is in michigan!   Very warm and very very humid!   Just don't seem to want to do much of anything in this weather.  Need to get firewood cut for the winter but haven't started yet!  Bees seem to like the weather though, course there isn't much out there forem now.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »

We are always hot out this way, 95 - 100's is normal temps for us.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »

OK but I am talking about the record heat. This is suppose to be the hottest past three months ever in recorded history, yet here we haven't hit the record numbers in years.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »

It's hot here, but not what I would consider record hot by any means.    averaging 90-95 daily for oh six weeks or so.  We haven't hit any record daily highs to my knowledge yet though.

Charla Hinkle
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

It has been 98 to 100 with a heat index of 105 for about three week now. The humidity is unbearable. The forecast is 99 every day for the rest of the week. It has been hot here but not for such a long time. Three people have died this week due to the heat.

I will hate to see my power bill but I want to be cool when I get home after working in it all day.

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 10:20:29 PM »

we have been cooler.  we are just now starting to hit normal temps.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 12:29:05 AM »

Here in Chicago we have been in the low 90's, but haven't hit any records.  In fact we haven't gotten above 100 degrees since 2005 and it doesn't look like we will this year either.  I think it's just the Mid-Atlantic and south east states that are getting it.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01:25 AM »

They're having as heat wave this year in the only place that counts to the New York centered news - New England. - I went up in the middle of this month and it was pretty rough. Many of them still aren't big believers in Central AC, so a pretty bearable heat for us down south is inescapable horror up there. I was forced to face how spoiled I am by central AC, but someone without central AC here is as foolish as someone without a decent way to heat their house is up there. It was only about as hot as our late spring, but by then we have the air running. I could see if your normal summer highs peak at about 75 - 80 with 60s at night and no central air it can get miserable. I wouldn't give 'global climate warming change thingy' a second thought - there were heat waves recorded before.

be happy and make others happy.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:24:27 AM »

its been pretty hot here, but I think my location is cheating in a hot contest. Hottest we saw so far was 139 but lately its been nice humidity around 25% temps around 115-120

Keith
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »

its been pretty hot here, but I think my location is cheating in a hot contest. Hottest we saw so far was 139 but lately its been nice humidity around 25% temps around 115-120

Keith

I feel for you guys! Thank you for the sacrifices that you make for our freedom!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
joker1656
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »

Keith, thanks!!!  Be safe!!!

"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

well at least they let you put on all that extra gear to protect yourself from the heat. rolleyes (When I worked a stone's throw from Yuma 115+/-F, I told one of the whiners to think of you guys - at least we were in Tee shirts, no shorts allowed, and could leave whatever gear we didn't need on the ground.)

be happy and make others happy.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »

Yeah....I'm smokin hot!   grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 11:39:11 PM »

Yeah....I'm smokin hot!   grin

I wondered when someone would catch that  grin

Jerry

winginit
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »

Keith--you're not cheating, your heat definitely counts! Nothing like Middle Eastern heat to keep us all humble. Makes my sunglasses fog up just thinking about it. Do you wear a veil working your bees in that heat?

Here in Southwest Ohio, we're getting a break. Well, except for yesterday. Felt like a sauna. I bend the rules and go into the hives in the morning. Bees seem quieter then, too, and not as many on the outside of the hive.

Thank you for your service Keith,
Brat in Ohio
gundalf
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »

I was...   25 years ago... grin

Good fences make good neighbors...   If that don't work, "Remember the Alamo"...     
http://picasaweb.google.com/1bigyeti/BeesOTheShire#
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next