Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 06:44:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needed desperately-some pollen or pollen patties  (Read 797 times)
OzBuzz
Queen Bee

« on: July 31, 2010, 06:45:07 PM »

Hi everybody, was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with either some pollen or some pollen patties?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »

somewhere on here there is a recipe for making them.  aren't you still in winter there?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
philinacoma
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »

somewhere on here there is a recipe for making them.  aren't you still in winter there?

Seeing the girls out last Sunday and Monday in force, they don't think it will be for much longer!
OzBuzz
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:46:26 PM »

Thanks guys for your replies... i decided to take a different path with the hive that i needed pollen patties for - there just wasnt enough bees to keep the hive viable so i made a nuc and introduced the queen from this colony in to that. There's about 50 bees left from the original colony and the queen had laid some eggs - a bit of brood hatched the other day so maybe they might turn one of those eggs in to a queen cell but if they do it will be a real project to get this tiny hive going... i'l keep you posted.

In regard bringing in pollen - when i opened my main hive the other day i was watching what the girls were bringing in! they were loaded with pollen! bright yellow and there was this amazingly vivid bright red pollen on a few as well! i love seeing the chequered pollen colours on a frame
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next