Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 09:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Louisiana  (Read 408 times)
Indian Bayou Bee
New Bee

« on: July 19, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »

Hi all, We've been looking for something to do with our land in the country and I've heard more than once on NPR about the need for bees. I may like to start with a hive in my yard, and with your help and the help of any resources here, perhaps we can become commercial beekeepers.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »

hi and welcome.  we have a number of members from down your way.  you should be able to get lots of area specific info when you start.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next