Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 28, 2014, 09:34:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice on removing bees from metal column  (Read 3659 times)
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »

They are having trouble finding someone to even exterminate them.

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
Storm
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »

So how did this all work out?
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 12:20:07 AM »

The bees were exterminated 2 nights ago Cry
Storm
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 01:03:43 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  At least you gave it your best effort.
lisascenic
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »

I'm sorry it turned out this way.  Sorry the hospital was so protective of their architecture.

You really tried to help.
Apis_M_Rescue
House Bee

Pollinating So Cal

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 02:50:44 AM »

That's ashame Annette. Dealing w/ larger org's is a hassel to have the bee's rescued. Usually they call the pesticide person.

I also was hoping to rescue the Manhole bees but the city had their person sent out. I fortuitously came by the day the pesticide guy was there but when I rushed back w/ my nuc box he had already opened man hole & sheared off the comb which dropped into sewer. He then used pyrethrin spray to do in the workers. This guy wanted my number but he said this 2010 he had gotten the most calls for bee eradications. Never recieved any calls from him as all the $$$ he's been making killing bees I'm sure he never wanted to give up. I tried & at least you tried & we will keep on trying to rescue & relocate bees. Heres a link to my encounter w/ the manhole bees, never forget your pics & adventure as will be better prepared for the next rescue/ relocation  cheer

Manhole Bees RIP

David S

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 09:30:17 AM »

any organization that deals with the public is twitchy about liability.  they have to be, because people sue them at the drop of a hat.  if you had to make the choice between bee and multi-million dollar law suites, which would you choose.

while i would rather see the bees saved, i do not blame the companies for this choice.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next