Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 04:22:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are you a tightwad?  (Read 2911 times)
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »

550 foot pounds per second = 1 horsepower

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »

So my 30-06 has 5 horse power at the muzzle?    2820 ft. lbs. at the muzzle.
harvey
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »

True Tight wad!!!  Had an annual pt test and we had the choice of running in boots or tennis shoes.  I didn't own any tennis shoes but the idea of running in them and them being so much lighter convinced me.  I went to Dunhams sports.  They let you buy a pair of shoes and keep them for up to thirty days and return them if you don't like them.  They cant be worn or scuffed or anything.   I took them out of the box, ran the pt test, put them back in the box and took them back to Dunhams,  didn't likem,  realy, if I had likedem I would have already had a pair. 
skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »

My dear wife gets lots of clothes at goodwill and garage sales. 

Rick,

Ever been to the main Goodwill on Prairie St in Grandville on a Friday? Every item is 50 cents. I haven't been in around 4 years, but what a zoo. Good bargains to be had!

Jay
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 09:05:40 AM »

I have never been a tightwad, never will. Until recently, I've spent money like there was no tomorrow and that has gotten me into trouble, nowadays, I'll ask myself " do I need it " and if so, " Do I need the expensive one or the cheap one " ?
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »

Nope. We have a horse...and chickens, cats, dog, duck, bees, etc. My Dad, a car nut and talented tight wad, asked me why on earth I was paying all that money for a horsepower of one. I reminded him of his boat.

So far, I don't see anything cheap about bees, either. My and my two idle queen excluders are happy though.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »

i think you can be a tightwad and have toys.  i have horses and bees. they both cost me money and enable me to earn none.  i enjoy them.  to have them, i squeeze the money to support them out of other things.  + we have no debt other than the mortgage, so it's not such a hard thing to do.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »

Kathy, I agree. No debt except the mortgage plus living below our means has changed our lives. I'm unemployed, looking for a job, and not even worried. I had a month of extreme penny pinching when I first got laid off, but that was just a reaction. Seven months later, I'm totally relaxed. So clearly it's time to go back to work and get stressed again. Sigh.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »

No debt except the mortgage plus living below our means has changed our lives.
Exactly. It's a wonderful place to be.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next