Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 04:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversial remarks??  (Read 5534 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »

I wonder how many suicides we will have in Dec. because of it. Another government step to population control??

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »

Was some one talking about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100716/ap_on_bi_ge/us_estate_tax

Senators move to revive estate tax at reduced rate

WASHINGTON – The federal estate tax would be revived, but at a reduced rate, under a plan being pushed by two senators, a Democrat and a Republican.

Democrat Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas and Republican Jon Kyl of Arizona hope to attach the new estate tax to a small business lending bill pending in the Senate. Their bill would set the top estate tax rate at 35 percent, with a per-person exemption of $5 million, indexed to inflation.

In 2009, the top estate tax rate was 45 percent with a per-person exemption of $3.5 million. Congress allowed the estate tax to expire this year, but it is scheduled to come back next year with a top rate of 55 percent, unless Congress acts.

"It's time to take decisive action on the estate tax, and provide the permanent solution that Arkansas' hardworking farmers and small businesses are desperately seeking," Lincoln said.

The Senate, as part of a nonbinding budget resolution, voted last year in favor of a proposal similar to the one pushed by Lincoln and Kyl. The House, however, voted to extend the 2009 rates, and the two sides were unable to reach an agreement.

The Senate is expected to take up the small business lending bill next week, though leaders have not indicated whether they will allow a vote on the estate tax as part of the debate.

"If the Small Business Lending bill is intended to help small business create jobs, wouldn't it make sense to provide small business owners with the certainty that their tax rates aren't going to skyrocket at the beginning of next year?" Kyl said.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
joker1656
House Bee

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 08:02:16 PM »

Yes, I want the government out of my life and I want the borders hardened. 

The social programs, that they use the money they take from me for, are a joke.  Yes, some people need a hand up.  That is what we are for.  The federal government isn't.  Other than defense and a few other responsibilities already mentioned, there is nothing that they do for us that we could not do better, cheaper, and with more compassion.  (see the post about panhandling) 

The money they squander, the way I see it, does nothing, but make our general population more and more dependant on them.  If they can keep this momentum they will ensure their place in the power structure.  When they "save" us we are beholden to them. 

They (current and past administrations, save very few) have slowly conditioned large portions of our populace to feel compelled to vote for "compassionate" politicians.  These politicians pass so many bills that it boggles the mind.  They announce a huge dilemma here, and a "solution" there.  Once they get their salvation bill passed a sigh of relief is uttered, and suddenly there are more dependants that they can count on for votes next election.

Is it just me, or is it not an obvious plan?  Why the **** is it so difficult for some to see?  They create problems, so they can come up with a solution.  Come on, do we really think that these folks in Washington are that smart?  I am not talking anarchy (although....some days  evil).  I just see that we are collapsing under our own weight.   

Unfortunately, we have all outgrown that mantra we held at age two...."LET ME!!!  I CAN DO IT MYSELF!!!"         

"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »

"From the womb to the tomb"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next