Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 09:24:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bulk honey sales  (Read 10805 times)
CraiginPC
New Bee

« on: July 06, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »

How does one find a buyer for honey in larger quantities? I have done well at farmers markets and such but I will soon outgrow that market. Who buys in 55 gallon drum quantities and how do you find them? I have also heard that crossing state lines can be an issue. Any imput? I am at the stage where I have to make some hard choices about how big to grow this thing. Im in North Florida if that makes any difference. Any and all advice apreciated. Thanks
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »

someone posted about a month ago looking for 55 gallon drum quantities. I'll check in the archives and post the thread here if I find it.

well the time lapse wont show, but here's the thread you want.  http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,28515.0.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:14:57 PM by Bee Happy » Logged

be happy and make others happy.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

Doug McGinnis from Tropical Blossom Honey in Edgewater, FL buys many, many barrels of honey as well as cut comb. Most of his beekeepers are in North FL and GA so I'm sure there'd be a way to piggy back the sale. Sorry I don't have his # for you, but a google search should work.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
CraiginPC
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »

Thanks to you both! I must admit I dont know where Edgewater is but I can read a map even though I graduated high school in middle Georgia. I will check it out. Thanks again and best of luck. Anyone else have any ideas?
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:33:14 PM »

Also check with Groeb Farms in Belleview, which is in the Ocala area right off I-75.
mathispollenators
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »

There is Zeigler Honey in Stockton, Ga on 84 that I sold this years honey to they gave $1.50 a pound PO Box 94 Stockton, GA 31649-0094 - (229) 242-1726.  And also Griffis Honey in Fargo, Ga on 441 that offered me $1.45 370 Suwannee Drive Fargo, GA 31631-3308 - (912) 637-5324.  These are the numbers for them they buy bulk barrels.  I personally prefer Zeigler but that's me because they are close to me.

Without Thomas Edison & Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have the graveyard shift or Telemarketers.  So how do you like them now?
rocky1
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »

Craig just found the forum, and your post, but for future reference, you might also contact Thomas Honey in Lake City. If you google Thomas Honey you'll find contact info along with directions to the honey house. Not sure where you're at in north Florida, but we're located 11 miles north of I-10 on highway 441.   
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

cant help you in finding a buyer down there but want to add that I was payed 2.00 a lb for my barreled honey this year picked up at my farm
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »

There is a guy in our club that I think has a contract with the Government.  He usually contracts 130 to 150 drums and sells the rest to who ever.

Joe
Beetrucker74
New Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »

There is also Dutch Gold in Lancaster,Pa and a guy in nothern Va just off I81.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next