Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 11, 2014, 12:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New bees  (Read 1204 times)
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« on: July 06, 2010, 03:40:46 AM »

grin At last! received two swarms from an established member of our association. Installed one in the TBH which are now going like a train, built nine combs, lots of brood and stores. A bit on the fiesty side these ladies, I've learned not to wear shorts under a beesuit, about six hits on the knee in the size of a 10p piece! did it hurt! all part of the learning process. The other swarm went into the BNH, these are a lot more docile and considering they didn't have to build comb from scratch seem to be a little slower to expand. Still the Queen is laying, I managed to find and mark her which should make things easier in future. Both hives are kept at seperate locations until they have been inspected by a competent keeper then I shall move them to a permenent location.
Regards
cider Smiley   

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Somerford
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »

Hi Cider

How are the two hives wintering ? have you a favourite ? I am struggling to cope with the TBH due to comb collapse and how hard it is to extract the wild combs....

Happy New Year !

Stephen

God Save The Queen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next