Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 12:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General McChrystal  (Read 1455 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: June 22, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »

I would love to be a fly on the wall when General McChrystal meets with his boss, the President. Do you think he will speak what is on his mind or just fall on the sword?

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »

he'll fall on his sword.  i am not impressed with him at all, but i have some sympathy for his feelings.  he chose to serve under this prez and he had to know what he was getting into.  in his position, you either shut up and carry out policy or you resign.  not much in between.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:11:20 AM »

It's not that much different than working for a large corporation. I think some of my bosses are clueless, but I value having a job so I'm careful what I say.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »

Just what did he say anyways? All I have seen was he said there needed to be more troops in Afghanistan.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

i haven't had a chance to read the article since my parrot won't even drop a load on a page from rolling stone but i did hear most of the comments came from his staff members.   it was bound to happen when the new rules of engagement were enacted and it became clear that we have a bunch of amateurs running the whitehouse.
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »

Just what did he say anyways? All I have seen was he said there needed to be more troops in Afghanistan.
Some of his aides made some comments about VP Bite-Me (Biden) and other such stuff. The Afghanis are pretty adamant about his NOT being let go or removed from the mid-east theater. Seems they are a bit impressed with his results so far.

But a lot of people probably won't get past the Gaga-in-M16-barrel-bra cover of this issue of RS.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »

I believe that he and his office did what people do when their leaders are less interested in getting the right results and more interested in playing power-politics. rolleyes

Frustration leading to disrespect and mockery.  Not the right thing to do, but a lot of us are in that boat right now and getting worse.

Rick
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »

General McChrystal is apparently out, Petraeus is in.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »

well, the won got rid of the messenger but has he the ability to deal with the message ?
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »

well, the won got rid of the messenger but has he the ability to deal with the message ?

Not according to some of the NewsMax sources.
Mort Zuckerman: Obama Seen as 'Incompetent'

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Zuckerman-Obama-incompetent-us/2010/06/23/id/362825?s=al&promo_code=A22C-1

- Marcus Aurelius -
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/119236

Obama accepts McChrystal's resignation
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 01:58:47 AM »

The troops were not happy w/ mcrystals ROE I and a lot of soldiers believe yes it will win hearts and mind but at the expense of US flags and body bags. The general spoke his mind. He has the same beliefs as 98% of the current military, on this president. ( this might burn me but) we don't respect the guy he is what we commonly refer to as a D@%&#% Bag. Former military will know what i mean and that is cleaned up a lot. He is playing politics with my and many other soldiers lives, thank God I am in Iraq where the war is over. A lot of people wanted to compare the Afghan war to vietnam during Bushes years. I don't think that was fair then, but now with the politics and ROE of this admin yes the comparison might fit morre appropriatly. We are doomed to failure following this approach. The best thing for afghanistan is to pull out and bomb that place flat every few years.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »

I have only heard about the whole dust up on the radio.  from what I get, the general was either not very smart about letting such comments be told to the media or, he was creating an 'out' for himself to make sure he got to say what was on his mind before going out the door.  The more  I hear lately, the more  I think it was the latter.

In terms of fighting 'wars' this country has been playing games with soldiers lives for a long time.

War is killing.  Plain and simple.  That's how the people our soldiers are fighting it, but for some reason, instead of taking strong action, we seem to be playing a political game and wasting the lives of good people.

besides, religious zealots are not soldiers, they are murderers.  There is no honor in attacking women and children, un-armed people and sneaking in to kill anyone around and yourself so you can't be captured..

I don't care if they are muslim zealots or christian zealots or any other religion, they always end up taking the same cowardly methods to kill people who don't want to follow the insanity of their religions.

It looks like Obama wants to keep playing the same political games that the politicians preceding him play ( the only change  I see him making is raising the stakes of the games, otherwise, just another snake in the grass politician.

jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:25:21 AM »

Keith, does the ROE policy not come down from the president ?   i don't see obama yielding that control.  where ever it comes from it's way to over the top and one step away from issuing airsoft weapons.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »

i assumed the ROE came from MC.  now seeing his attitude toward his own man (he was an obama supporter) i wonder how much has been forced on him.  although.....that's the kind of policy you'd expect from a general who is an obama supporter.

i just hope this doesn't ruin GP's career.  i have a lot of respect for him. 

my theory on which theater  was best to accomplish our goal is being proved out, i think......
to bad i'll be dead before history writes it   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
zopi
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »

The troops never like the ROE...

Stan McChrystal is (was) on eof our best and brightest minds, but he isn't much of a politician, his real talent lies in behind the scenes black ops and intel..not all of us are cut out for the limelight..I seem to have that problem in my own career..leave me alone and let me work and I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns my rock over I fall apart..
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:18 AM »

he may be good, but those ROE are getting our guys killed.  that's the kind of crap that used to get officers fragged.  there is much discontent in afghanistan.  it's not just the ROE.  it's other stupid stuff he's done that has really decreased troop morale.  he is not well like by the troops and i think not well respected now because of some of the things that we know came from him.

his MWR policy, as an example, is truly ridiculous.

Alexis de Tocqueville
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »

found this:
US ROE is also under constant review by commanders at all levels of command. The Secretary of Defense, with input from the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the chain of command, determines the ROE applicable to all US units. General McChrystal has recently issued a tactical directive designed to reduce civilian casualties while maintaining the inherent right of self defense for all units. While the tactical directive, like all orders is always subject to review, there are currently no plans to alter it."

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/4190

and this:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/16/us-troops-battle-taliban-afghan-rules/

zopi
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »

his MWR policy, as an example, is truly ridiculous.

That, I agree with wholeheartedly...

I wasn't really defending the guy, per se, he has done some bonehead things..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next