Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 12:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11.635 million more jobs  (Read 2373 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: May 17, 2005, 02:48:37 PM »

"Yeah, that’s right, there are 11.635 million more jobs, right now, when compared to May 1997."

http://polipundit.com/index.php?p=7589

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 04:06:55 PM »

You've got to be kidding me

Bee Boy
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 06:07:54 PM »

Well there are a lot more Mikey D's and Taco bells

How about posting exactly where in the income level those jobs are?

or should I?

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 06:50:28 PM »

go ahead and post em

Bee Boy
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 07:40:03 PM »

I thought you would ask so I did some searching and found this.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/10/news/economy/jobs_quality/index.htm

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:49:39 PM »

Hi All:

First, everything is fine here - I know I haven't been around the forum too much, but it is Spring and Tracey and I are making the most of our nicer weather before it gets too hot here. We are doing outside stuff, enjoying each others company and enjoying watching the bees whenever it is nice enough for them to fly. It is great to see everyone so active and I read as much as I can in the forums.

As a Fed Employee, I'm going through a BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) and Lakehurst is in the REALIGNMENT stage, we will become a AIR FORCE BASE and added to Fort Dix and McGuire AFB to become a major MEGA BASE, the only one unique in that the land is fully government owned and cojoined to the property lines of the other bases.

We also are losing (from Lakehurst) 186 positions due to down-sizing in the slated BRAC, but most will be thru attrition and supposedly no actual jobs will be lost, only billets closed.

Frankly, I think the economy is coming back, there is positive growth in the tech sector which I believe drives the US and most of the world economy. I hope I am right as we all need a forward moving recovery and end this stalled economy that was NOT only set back by 9-11, but first attacked by the de-monopolization of Microsoft by Bill Clinton and Janet Reno: I truly believe THEY killed the "Economic View" of the country as they left office, a final ditch effort to hand Bush a bucket of crap at the start of his first term.

Did anything really change at Microsoft? Honestly, I think all the legal sub-divisions and restructuring of titles and positions is smoke and mirrors, but what has Microsoft done for us lately? Surely XP isn't the BEST thing they will ever unleash to the public?!

I'm sitting hear with this Dell Desktop with about 1/3rd of the programs NOT running, half of the trouble shooting features just appearing as a blank screen, programs which will not install (needless to say I don't buy any software anymore, it is a coin toss if it will even run) and my Microsoft Install CD tells me it is OUT DATED and cannot re-install. So, by a wing and a prayer, I get by, and I doubt that I am alone in the software which is now 5 years old.

So, will the tech sector rebound the economy, let's see what happens next - but as it has in the past, Micrsoft will probably lead the way, not with the best software ever, but with the next generation which should HOLD US OVER until we see a PARADYGM SHIFT in what people need computers for!

As a final thought, it is interesting to see facts and polls interacting with each other, rarely painting the whole picture, but often getting a point across. I say 11 million jobs is a good thing, but compare it to the number of people ENTERING the work-force, toss in down-sizing, restructuring, entry level pay, high-end salary and bonuses and before you know it the picture looks very different to all those who see it.

It's as confusing to me as knowing that when adding all the primary and secondary colors together, you get WHITE - ugh, I'll never understand that one, even when you tell me that BLACK is the absence of all colors. You see, even when knowing the facts it isn't always a clear picture that is painted.

Good luck economy, the world can use you!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
leominsterbeeman
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 10:21:33 PM »

I did my part,  I ordered a new cell phone.   It swivels.  I love it.  

I just don't like the fact that every phone comes with a camera.  If I wanted a camera,  I would buy a camera, not a phone.  So many customer sites, I go into, you cannot bring a camera phone into.  It's a real pain in the arse.  

But I still like my phone.   It also has a tip calculator.  Enter the bill amount , the tip you want to give, divide by the number of parties and volia!

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 10:26:23 PM »

You couldn't give me a cell phone. I won't hardly answer the land line phone. I hate phones.

Jerry

Jay
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 06:15:31 PM »

How is it that we can put a vehicle on mars, control it from down here, and yet I'm roaming when I walk from my living room to my dining room!?! cheesy

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
latebee
House Bee

Location: western new york, near buffalo and niagara falls 42 50' N latitude and 78 50' W longitude

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 09:50:13 PM »

I think the last article said it very well,TWO times in the last four years high paying jobs have outstipped the lower paid ones

The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.
lee
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 01:42:55 AM »

if u need a job. better not come to michigan cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next