Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 01:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Nucs out of season - Price question.  (Read 1479 times)
Grandma_DOG
House Bee

Build it, and they will comb.

« on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:57 AM »

I'm growing a bit too fast. Catching too many swarms in my swarm traps. Trying to sell off hives.  I'm thinking of breaking my 10 frame hives into 3 nucs.

How much should a nuc sell for in summer?  Spring they command $120 around here with a known queen. But summer and a feral queen?  Should I just keep splitting and wait for spring?

gardeningfireman
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »

Nucs here in NE Ohio go for about $85. One I started at end of April had to be moved into a deep. I am putting a med. on top today as they have 8 frames drawn out. A guy nearby is buying it for $150.

Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »

I need to come see you as I have sold all my bees from Colorado to move here to Dallas.  I am going through bee withdraws!!   grin  I am trying to wait till I can catch a few free swarms this next spring but I do miss it.  Will they produce any honey for me this late in the season?  My first year hives up in Denver went hog crazy and gave me a few gallons right off the bat, but they were swarms too.  Let me know I might be / am interested.

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »

I picked some up in the spring with frame exchange, supply my own box, 5 frames for $50.00 a piece, queen in cage included. At present, they're doing good.
Monie
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »

Put an ad on Craigslist and see what happens. You never know until you try. I live in Indiana and I have a lady coming from West Virginia to get a couple of nucs. The following weekend, I have a guy coming from Illinois!! Folks needing bees now are out there!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next