Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 06:39:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: someone is giving me a (not so subtle hint) about  (Read 1663 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 24, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »

my after post comment   evil  i'm guessing someone thinks it's a bit long....

ok.  got it.  i'll find another ASAP, but not before tomorrow. 

he is one of my favorites, but not known for short observations.  his journals are long and verbose.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:01:36 AM »

Kathyp, thanks so much for writing even more stuff about a dead European male.   Brian

We just don't hear enough about them. grin

"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »

>>>>We just don't hear enough about them<<<<

You're right. They are tooooo close to being buried forever and forgotten.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:46:33 AM »

ahhh.  the dead European male who was prophetic in his writings....as opposed to the dead European who's economic a political writings were blueprint for disaster, yet still revered....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »

He was a dead AMERICAN male. I agree, we really don't hear enough about them.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

it was the other they were talking about, and he was french.  i just changed to this one   Wink  

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

Oh, I thought it was a "non-native has no right to postulate" kind of statement.

be happy and make others happy.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »

Kathy,
You should reply to those harping about the length, with one of the best one word replies ever given....."Nuts!"

And of course it was from some dead guy.... rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »

since it was added to my quote i'm guessing it was admin.  maybe even our beloved beemaster  evil

don't want to tick off the brass.

i will look for shorter quotes in the future.......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

i will look for shorter quotes in the future.......

You could always borrow mine. LOL

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

my after post comment   evil  i'm guessing someone thinks it's a bit long....

ok.  got it.  i'll find another ASAP, but not before tomorrow. 

he is one of my favorites, but not known for short observations.  his journals are long and verbose.

your signature is still too long. would you mind shortening again please?

Tongue

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »

and she smiles, and waves, as she goes by.......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »

and she smiles, and waves, as she goes by.......
Dang Kathy...You missed a perfectly good opportunity to quote he last line of Wildwood Flower.
We just smiled and waved.....Sittin' on that sack of seeds.
I thought you had at first. LOL.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:11 PM »

i was thinking of a particular wave.  i am, after all, from CA.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:21 AM »

I wont hold that against you Kathy grin Wink

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:09 AM »

Why did the phrase "Hawaiian peace sign" just pass through my mind?  huh  grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »

NY and CA must have a lot in common...Seems I saw an article with pictures of Lady Gaga making that same wave at a Mets game.

- Marcus Aurelius -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next