Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 06:41:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious, Beekeeping as a hobby, what is your full time job?  (Read 8473 times)
melliphile
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:47 AM »

Certified Hemodialysis Technician-full time. Student, dad, hubby. grin

"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »

1. I am a remodeling contractor with my brother. We specialize in old Victorian Homes.
2. I drive a school bus for my health insurance.
3. I am a certified school bus driver trainer.
4. I have some rental property that manages me!
5. Commercial pollinator

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
TheMasonicHive
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »

I am a high rise window cleaning Account Manager.

I do all the sales, account management, project planning, and engineering inspections on high rise and commercial buildings in Detroit for my window cleaners.

Christopher Peace
Oakland County, MI

"It teaches us that, as we come into the world rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow-creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them without inconvenience to ourselves." - Freemasonry on the Beehive
WALTC
New Bee

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »

My day job is accounting for a small closely held oil company.  Part time sheep, turkey, chicken, bee farmer.  When I'm not doing those things, I'm teaching hunters education and outdoor skills to kids.
Tucker1
House Bee

"The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »

Electrical Engineer, Husband, Father, Son, Senior Citizen, Retiree "Wanabee", Dog Fancier, Gardener and all around slacker.

Regards,
Tucker1

He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.
Tucker1
House Bee

"The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »

Hey, Keith 13:  Thanks for what you do for all of us.  It's appreciated.

Regards,
Tucker1

He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »

Clinical psychologist in private practice and teach at Emory in the summers

LT in Atlanta
I think you would give it up if you had group therapy with me and Jp then toss in Johnnybigfish grin grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »

retired to tractor driving, barn cleaning, camping, etc.  when i feel guilty and am overcome by the urge to be semi-productive, i can do a bit of editing and writing.  on occasion i am persuaded to participate in the accumulation and dissemination of information.....

now i'm tired.  i think i'll nap   grin   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Flygirl
House Bee

~ It's never to late to have a happy childhood ~

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 10:58:37 AM »

Full-time Artist (production/wholesale), accordion player, tap dancer & beekeeper!  Smiley  Flygirl

~ It's never too late to have a happy childhood ~
phill
House Bee

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »

Full-time journalist, part-time author and lecturer. Work from home (the internet is wonderful!) and can just barely see my hives out of the office window.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »

I operate a small family operated pest control company right outside of New Orleans. My sister n law does most of the "running" part, my nephew and helper does the pest/termite part and I specialize in live honey bee removal approximately 8-9 months of the year.

My other responsibilities are writing insect reports for act of sales and estimating various pest projects.

I mentor new bee keepers and in the last couple of years have started selling hives, mostly four and five frame nucs.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Two Bees
Field Bee

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »

CPA.  And I thought getting stung by the IRS was tough before I got into beekeeping!  grin

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.
PeeVee
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »

Currently supervisor for NYS DOT. Supervising highway maintenance and snow removal. Previously dairy farmer, logging contractor and residential excavation contractor.

-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY
casper_zip
New Bee

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »

Retired, but plenty busy. I keep hearing and reading that I may be a full time "terriost". I am a life NRA member, go to church, fear God, and love America, and I'm also a vet.

I shoot, reload, am a Ham radio operator, do a little farming, and now, I am in love with my bees. My brother gave me 10 hives, and I'm learning fast, have also learned I have a lot of learning to do.

I retired as a supervisior for a big power complex at a huge paper mill. We took care of the boilers, all steam systems, air systems, water systems, and power generation on site.

I am truly loving my bees, hard to stay away from them at times. I am constantly studying, and doing my best to learn all I can. We just formed a bee club here, had our first meeting, and I'm excited about this.

Caught my first swarms, never got stung, was totally unprepared, no protection at all, but I asked the Good Lord to help this pore ole dumb country boy and, as usual, He answers sincere prayers, and He knew good and well I was gonna need all the help I could get. Needless to say, that's all the help I needed.

I have so much to learn, usually learn the hard way, but I have bought my equipment that I need so far.
Well, done wrote a book.

casper_zip

montauk170
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »

Full time, I'm an Engineer but just started as a Program Manager at a big networking company.
I also run a Fishing tackle review website called TackleTour (http://www.tackletour.com for those interested in fishing).
Weekends when I want to have some fun, I am a wedding photographer.

caticind
House Bee

Nothing sweeter...

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

Office manager specializing in the games/software industry.  Just got laid off, tho.  Sad

The bees would be no help; they would tumble over each other like golden babies and thrum wordlessly on the subjects of queens and sex and pollen-gluey feet. -Palimpsest
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »

Lawyer as soon as I pass the BAR.  darn not another one  evil hehehe

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
scoobee
House Bee

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »

Retired Fire/Rescue 9-11 dispatcher, retired certified corrections deputy.
D Coates
Queen Bee

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »

Product Manager/Partner Owner of a small privately held Commercial/Consumer lawncare equipment manufacturer. 

I don't hold a candle to Keith 13 though.  Hats off to you and yours sir.

Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »

casper, there was a whole conversation in the coffee house earlier on which, and how many, lists many of us are on.  you are in good company!!!!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next