Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 01:03:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flag Ban Poll  (Read 2867 times)
Sparky
Field Bee

« on: June 11, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »

As of today (6/09) the results are 43% YES (Ban our Flag!) and only 45% NO.  We need to turn this around.

Act Now My Fellow Patriots:  Just in case you haven’t heard yet Fox News has a “Poll-Should the Flag Be Banned at Schools?”

Moveon.org and Organizing for America, SEIU have been twittering today to go to Fox Poll and vote to ban the Flag and right now it is working.

SHOW THEM WHAT TRUE PATRIOTS BELIEVE!!!  Let's flip those numbers and show the leftist we are organized and on the move....flip the numbers now--FLIP THE HOUSE in November!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/05/06/american-flag-banned-america/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

After the vote, there is a button on the bottom that says return to poll. I voted 22 times. I don't think a poll that someone can set and vote hundreds of times will amount to very much. I imagine a computer geek could set it up automatic, and vote thousands of times a day.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

It is amazing how many people hate America and everything it stands for and everything about it.  Why?   Did their mothers not love them as babies?
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:56 PM »

No Allen, they're Democrats. Blame America first.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »

So it is America's fault that their mothers did not show them love as babies?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

Also you have to think that possibly since one can vote many times, some folks might be running up the negative side just to upset the apple cart.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cascadebee
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »

It is Fox "news".  They're just trying to fire you guys up.  The majority of people in this country do not support removing Old Glory from schools, c'mon.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees.   Found at  http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

That's just the most recent case of stuff banned from school.     What about everything else out from the schools?   Pledge of Allegiance?   Paddles?  Crosses? Bible?  Prayer?   A well armed teacher?  (that's one that can use her authority or the power to run a class right, not one that's "packing".
zopi
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »

Fox news? really?

All those people do is stir up hate...heck..that"s all most of the broadcast media does....stir up emotion...

Go ahead...Ban the flag that I have spent the last 19 years of my life defending....and that countless Americans have given their lives, and more to defend...see if you don't get nuked from orbit.

demopublican...republicrat...politicians are no more than state subsidized bureauterrorists, interested in lining their own pockets...they are all crooks...vote them all out and start over.

How hard is it to keep bees on mars? (on topic data.  grin)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

No Allen, they're Democrats. Blame America first.
Oh, please. I vote Democrat, and I love this country and would have no desire to ban the flag from school. I don't have a TV and so have not seen this coverage, but I bet there's a little more to the story. Plus, there are crazy radicals from all political views. Doesn't mean you can paint the whole group with the same brush.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 11:39:55 PM »

The majority of people in this country do not support removing Old Glory from schools, c'mon.

is this the same poll that the SEIU, etc. twittered it's members to flood with votes to support the flag ban?  sure....no one supports banning flags.....

i often wonder, for those who trash fox news, if they ever watch it?  years ago, i was of the same opinion.  i didn't want slanted news.  i was challenged to watch for a week.  any shows i chose including the news shows.  it took me less than a week to find out that the news i had been getting was not only slanted way to the left, but was incomplete.  i still watch other news, but when i want the whole story, i watch fox.  you all might be surprised to find that what the networks DON'T tell you is at least as important as what they choose to tell you.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
zopi
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »

The majority of people in this country do not support removing Old Glory from schools, c'mon.

is this the same poll that the SEIU, etc. twittered it's members to flood with votes to support the flag ban?  sure....no one supports banning flags.....

i often wonder, for those who trash fox news, if they ever watch it?  years ago, i was of the same opinion.  i didn't want slanted news.  i was challenged to watch for a week.  any shows i chose including the news shows.  it took me less than a week to find out that the news i had been getting was not only slanted way to the left, but was incomplete.  i still watch other news, but when i want the whole story, i watch fox.  you all might be surprised to find that what the networks DON'T tell you is at least as important as what they choose to tell you.

Oh I agree, not just trashing fox news...there seems to be a certain dearth of journalistic integrity/responsibility throughout the broadcast media at large..was flipping through the web pages of some of the larger news outlets earlier today...yeccchhh...

I doubt serioulsy this will ever get much actual play, but god help the legislator who is dumb enough to put it forth..there are alot of very quiet citizens in this country who will come out of the woodwork, well, like a swarm of torqued off A. M. Scutellata... grin
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »

I'm trying to understand why the flag is in question to begin with. Doesn't make sense to me.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

if this was the original poll that i saw, it was about the flag being worn by the kids on teeshirts, etc.  should it be banned by the schools as divisive and potentially causing problems.  goes back to cinco de mayo and the Mexican kids being ticked off because some of the kids wore American flag shirts to school.  kids got sent home for  wearing them.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »

oh, ok thanks..

with the exception of a patch on a uniform, I've never worn flags of any sort. still, sounds childish. we do live in the u.s. not mexico.
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »

if this was the original poll that i saw, it was about the flag being worn by the kids on teeshirts, etc.  should it be banned by the schools as divisive and potentially causing problems.  goes back to cinco de mayo and the Mexican kids being ticked off because some of the kids wore American flag shirts to school.  kids got sent home for  wearing them.
Funny how things go around.  When I was a kid, wearing an American flag on a tee-shirt was considered desecration of the flag.  People were arrested for doing that.  Now it's considered unpatriotic to ban wearing flag shirts?  It's a strange world we live in.  grin   

"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »

to me, this is not about patriotism.  i'm not a big fan of people wearing the flag, although i think i have a teeshirt with a flag in the background.  it's more about the circumstances under which this incident took place, that the reaction to it.  also seems to me that if burning the flag is protected speech, then wearing a shirt with the flag on it, should be equally protected?

Alexis de Tocqueville
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »

Free speech is a good thing (TM).  Yes burning the flag is and should be protected speech.  So should wearing a flag shirt.  Patriotism is not something you can define for someone else, especially in a country as diverse as ours.  I felt a lot more patriotic when the health care bill was passed than I did when I saw the photos of prisoner abuse from Abu Ghraib.  I feel more a part of the country when the country is inclusive and tries to look out for its citizens.  But I gather that some people feel more patriotic when the country embraces the cult of the individual.  Different strokes I guess.

"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »

also seems to me that if burning the flag is protected speech, then wearing a shirt with the flag on it, should be equally protected?

is not something you can define for someone else, especially in a country as diverse as ours.

Completely agree with both of these statements.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
bigbearomaha
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 10:40:04 PM »

demopublican...republicrat...politicians are no more than state subsidized bureauterrorists, interested in lining their own pockets...they are all crooks...vote them all out and start over.

I like this person already.

If you notice, most of the people pushing the most hardcore, ridiculous points are the party hacks from one of the criminal organizations called democrats and republicans.

They are more interested in finding fault with each other than actually finding solutions or doing 'the right thing'.

point the finger, pass the buck, plausible deniability, these are some of their best tricks, on both sides.

the mass media is not much more than parrots for their party masters and don't have a speck of objectivity or know what journalistic integrity means.

on both sides of the aisle it all ends up the same..."there outta be a law", " we need to protect.."  " if it saves just one..."

ll they want is to get more control of the government and expand it till America is anything but.

Big Bear
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next