Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 06:54:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honey and Wax  (Read 423 times)
abelltx
New Bee

« on: June 09, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »

I did a cut-out the other day, and I have a whole lot of wax. A lot of it has brood and a lot of it has honey. I set it about 20 yards from my bee-hives (2), and noticed they didn't really rob it at all. I tried moving some of it around and spreading it out more, so they'll have more access to the honey comb for sure. I havn't checked on it for two-days so it might be all gone.

My real question is: If I put all of this in my solar-melter and there's still some honey mixed in, will that harm the wax?
I have a screen to filter out the larvae, I have a paper-towel to filter out the finer impurities, but what about excess honey. Will that just get melted into the wax, and no big deal? Should I add water into the gathering bucket to separate the wax from everything else more?
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

The wax will separate from the honey, not combine. You can just wash it after it hardens.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next