Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 06:38:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: honey and president obama  (Read 6683 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »

How awesome is that? 

i think it's super when people are excited about those they elect.  even greater when that excitement can be cut short!   evil

November cometh.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SurprisingWoman
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »

How awesome is that? 

i think it's super when people are excited about those they elect.  even greater when that excitement can be cut short!   evil

November cometh.

I have done a ton of research and I am a TOTAL Obama fan.  Absolutely, positively.  With the garbage he has thrown at him allll the time I am dang proud of what he has accomplished already.  He is making major headway in seeing that Americans are treated as they should be.

You can be glad I am excited but you realize November is not an election year for OUR President, right? 

Obama 2012!
ApisM
New Bee

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »

It doesn't matter what political affiliation are here on this page.  The fact that he shook his hand in LA shows us that he is down in LA and is concerned about the oil.  I think it is cool that snipers came and stuff.  It is neat to see how the govt. protects it's own.

It is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »

headway in seeing that Americans are treated as they should be.

like dependent sheeple piggy banks?

yes i know we can't kick him out, but we can flip congress and tie his....hands.

how can we watch the world fall apart around us, and then do exactly as they do?  fortunately, we are about to recover from this momentary brain fart.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »

if they move this down to the coffee house, which is where it should go, i have a question for SW.  it's a serious one not just something for the sake of argument.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »

I have done a ton of research and I am a TOTAL Obama fan.  Absolutely, positively.  With the garbage he has thrown at him allll the time I am dang proud of what he has accomplished already.  He is making major headway in seeing that Americans are treated as they should be.

Read my slang below than crack open a can or reality and take a big whiff of reality.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »

How awesome is that? 

November cometh.
Nail on the head grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »

let it be known that i never voted for him nor in the future.i dislike alot of things about him but he's our president.if i have to shake his hand every week to get him down here in louisiana so be it.i think its another photo shoot for him,but hes down here.i hope he proves me wrong.time will tell and we just have to see.just like i got yall attention on this ,he will get the attention around the world on this mess.seeing it on tv is nothing like in person.it will destroy the way of life down here on the gulf coast.i didn't want this to turn into a war of words on this forum,but i can say this im proud to be an american and proud to have shaken OUR president's hand.im sure everyone on this forum is a proud american too.     ....schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 12:19:26 AM »

i didn't want this to turn into a war of words on this forum

it's ok.  we kind of hijacked your post.  i'm glad he went down and to tell the truth, there's not to much he can do about the spill.  i don't think anyone really blames him for it.  some just wonder about his leadership....and that probably has more to do with personality....and inexperience, than anything else.

i will take my questions down to the coffee house and see if SW cares to answer...or anyone else cares to jump in.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »

Schawee, I hear ya, it's a real feat to get to meet a sitting president face to face.

be happy and make others happy.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »

i didn't know about the coffee house.this is where it should have been posted,not in the general beekeeping fourm.so lets move it there. thanks  ...schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »

I don't know what you guys want from Obama.  He took over at a time of economic collapse and was handed two wars to manage at the same time.  I don't know of any President since FDR who has faced such challenges.  And with all that on his plate, Obama managed to get health care reform through Congress, something that almost every President,  Democrat and Republican, has tried to do since Teddy Roosevelt.

I think the charge of inexperience is the most peculiar one.  There is no job that really prepares someone to be President, but Obama has shown the intelligence, flexibility, and willingness to work hard that has been missing in the American Presidency for a long time.  And as far as voting Obama out in 2012, I wouldn't be too sure of that.  When times are hard, the President is a lightning rod, but as the economy improves, Obama's popularity will come back as well.   And of course, voters don't vote in a vacuum for President.  If they don't want to vote for Obama, they will have to vote for someone else.... and by comparison to any of the Republicans on the horizon, the President looks better and better.

"You never can tell with bees."  --  Winnie-the-Pooh
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 07:48:03 AM »

I am SUCH a extreme greenie liberal I just got back from the PRIDE parade with my daughter and grandkids.

I have framed the signed Christmas Card I got from Barack and Michelle and if I got to shake hands with him I would be in liberal, extreme greenie heaven.  How awesome is that?  

Good for you.  The country needs more people who think about the environment and human rights... and not just short term profit.  

And did you guys miss the fact that Michelle Obama has installed the first ever beehive at the White House?

Michelle Obama Goes Organic and Brings in the Bees
March 28, 2009 11:46 AM ET |

By Paul Bedard, Washington Whispers

Going organic in the White House was easy. Both Bubba's and W's kitchens did that with purchases from local farms and a nearby organic market. But homegrown fare, like what first lady Michelle Obama hopes to produce with her new spring vegetable garden on the South Lawn—now, that's more complicated. And not just because crops have to be planted and tended. Washington isn't really known for its population of honeybees, the buzzy bugs needed for pollination. So—you guessed it—the first-ever White House beehive has been installed.

////
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/03/28/michelle-obama-goes-organic-and-brings-in-the-bees.html

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 09:27:29 AM »

let it be known that i never voted for him nor in the future.i dislike alot of things about him but he's our president.if i have to shake his hand every week to get him down here in louisiana so be it.i think its another photo shoot for him,but hes down here.i hope he proves me wrong.time will tell and we just have to see.just like i got yall attention on this ,he will get the attention around the world on this mess.seeing it on tv is nothing like in person.it will destroy the way of life down here on the gulf coast.i didn't want this to turn into a war of words on this forum,but i can say this im proud to be an american and proud to have shaken OUR president's hand.im sure everyone on this forum is a proud american too.     ....schawee

Well congrats on meeting the American president!  You mention the snipers and I chuckle thinking how afraid I'd be to make the wrong move!!  Thanks for working on the cleanup!

I've got plenty of things to say too, but I'd rather this be a posting about schawee and not how much we dislike the current administration's actions, big oil, and everthing in between.

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »

With the garbage he has thrown at him allll the time I am dang proud of what he has accomplished already.  He is making major headway in seeing that Americans are treated as they should be.

1. what garbage?

2.  how should Americans be treated?

3.  what, specifically, do you like about his policies?

FRAMEshift has made a start with the answers.  thanks.

Alexis de Tocqueville
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »

"the first-ever White House beehive has been installed."
great.  they probably hired two more government workers to tend to it.   if it's as productive as the White House garden it should be coughing up splits monthly.  i heard the SEIU is already stalking the hive for members.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »

The hive is manned by a local beekeeper for free, but they did have to do an environmental impact statement on the hives and the location.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »

Acorn is also registering all the hive members to vote.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »

I don't know what you guys want from Obama.  He took over at a time of economic collapse and was handed two wars to manage at the same time.  I don't know of any President since FDR who has faced such challenges

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recessions_in_the_United_States

recessions are common. they are a part of the normal economic cycle.  how they are handled makes the difference in how long and deep they are.  we have examples in recent history of how to handle them and how not to handle them.  FDR is a good example of how not to handle them.  Obama is following the FDR model. 

two wars:  not really.  it's one war with two fronts.  not to minimize the lives and expense of this war, but in the grand scheme of things, they are pretty small adventures.  in addition, Obama has chosen to expand our involvement in Afghanistan.  we have no interest in Afghanistan.  the taliban is no threat to us except to the extent that they support terrorist organizations.  their ability to support terrorist organizations can be handled as it is being handled in Pakistan with bombs and special forces.  burning the poppy fields would help also.  Iraq was the right place to accomplish the goal of degrading AQ and it was successful.  everything else that needs to be done can be done with intel and assassinations. 

the huge growth of debt and deficit and the huge growth of government is unsustainable.  this would include, but is not limited to, the take over of the health care system. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
FRAMEshift
Super Bee

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »

Acorn is also registering all the hive members to vote.
Dang, why didn't I think of that?  grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next