The pump-house bees were doing great. Lots of brood. Even though they had none paying tenants..... Wasp. See the picture here. THere was three or four wasp looking for the nest after I removed it. Later I went back and squished about five wasp feeding on spilt sugar water. Great lure for wasp.http://beemaster.com/beebbs/viewtopic.php?t=2590
The barn-wall bees, which had made a queen from their brood I salvaged, and had new brood last time I checked, must have lost the queen. There were drone cells everywhere. I took some of the brood in all stages from the pump house bees and placed them in there with some of the nurse bees still on it. There was no signs of struggles later in the day so I guess they are getting along
The bee from the church were ok. They had brood and there are still more there than the first two. They still seem to be clinging to the old comb and that is where the brood is in some of it. Remember I had placed this comb in side-ways from how it was in the church wall.
Then the rocking chair ranch bees. These girls have been going strong from day one. They just pour in and out of the hive. I think they were already agitated at me as I checked the other hives. They really started buzzing and bumping the veil when I pulled the inner cover off. Yes I had been using smoke on all the hives. I think they had already caught whiffs of it and was just PO'ed by the time I got to them. I gave it a quick look and closed it up. I will do them on a different day than I do the others. It appears there are several frames "waxed" together and might need a lot of work.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.