Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 01:49:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: warn your children about this document!  (Read 540 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/09/publishing-company-putting-warning-label-constitution/

not much danger that they'd actually study the constitution or founding docs in school, but just in case they accidentally pick up a copy..........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:58 PM »

I had a government course this past semester and I was amazed over some things I didn't realize, like that the right to vote was affirmed for everyone as far back as 1870 - every citizen, that is. Through most of the course I was impressed to see that the constitution and the changes to it reflected the most proactive and advanced assertions of human rights. I was also pretty surprised to see how often the supreme court had been on the money, or at least how they got themselves on the money when second chances arose. Many of the real violations of rights came not from the document, but from crooked politicians either finding sneaky ways to skirt the laws or blatantly ignoring them.
     This reminds me (except that a warning about the  nation's founding documents is way more stupid)  of the banning of Huckleberry Finn for the use of the N word, even though the term was appropriate for the time and the character - the abiding message in the book was completely ignored because  a kid from (Hannibal Mo. - forgot the fictional town name) in the slave-age 1800s had the audacity to say N-- while he was helping him escape slavery and realizing that everyone is the same 'inside'.
    God must love stupid people - he made SO MANY of them.

be happy and make others happy.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:16 AM »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that truly is a shame the fact that our country has become so PC/Litigious to think that a warning label must be placed on our founding documents. What next you have to be 21 to get in to see the actual document. I'm thinking i might just buy a house here in Baghdad and start over its nice to see the begining of a democracy not the end

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »

Perhaps it was put there just for this purpose. The more controversy that is raised by something the more people will want to look at it.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next