Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 12:59:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 195 NEW MEMBERS in MAY - new monthly Record!!!  (Read 682 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: June 01, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »

Hi Everyone:

Just looking at stats and saw 195 new members for May, by far the most in a single month ever. To everyone new, enjoy the forum and I home it helps you in your quest to be a better beekeeper. To those new members that are experienced, I hope you will share your stories and theories with everyone, so that we can all lean. Don't miss out on our Ventrilo Voice and Text Chat if you'd like to talk to other members from around the world live, it is easy to download and setup and you'll be chatting away in no time. http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,5880.0.html

Lastly, please read over the bylaws http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,19652.0.html - if you have any questions concerning the forum rules - but basically, be nice to each other and you'll have a great home here at Beemaster Forums.

To those of you who have been here a long time now, glad you found a home and looking forward to many more years together.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »

cheer I'd like second beemaster's welcome, and add, if you'll forgive the term, that this site has been a "Godsend". There is a wealth of archived information available to read, and can be approached like a book on how to prevent problems and how to fix them if you run into them. If your question isn't in the archives or if you just can't find it, the experienced beekeepers on this site are excellent and patient in responding to questions time and again. I've been here a year already, and have begun answering questions I'm comfortable with. My bee education included a couple very good books, but this site has been tremendous for accelerating the learning curve. ( I may be out of line, but I don't know why bee suppliers aren't lined up for miles to advertise here.)

be happy and make others happy.
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:58:31 PM »

As one of the 'new guys'... thank you ALL for a productive, non-hostile forum that has a common goal. BEES!

I have found forums for all sorts of hobbies of mine. Seems if you dont have an 'in' or aren't experienced already, the people have a tendency to run new people off. Even though their interests are the same.

Thank you ALL again for having a new beek amongst you fell like he belongs.

Take Care
Mark

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

cheer I'd like second beemaster's welcome, and add, if you'll forgive the term, that this site has been a "Godsend". There is a wealth of archived information available to read, and can be approached like a book on how to prevent problems and how to fix them if you run into them. If your question isn't in the archives or if you just can't find it, the experienced beekeepers on this site are excellent and patient in responding to questions time and again. I've been here a year already, and have begun answering questions I'm comfortable with. My bee education included a couple very good books, but this site has been tremendous for accelerating the learning curve. ( I may be out of line, but I don't know why bee suppliers aren't lined up for miles to advertise here.)

I'm sure the bee suppliers would be happy to advertise here,but it has been Johns (Beemaster) desire to keep this site commercial free. that way the forum does not have to answer to any advertiser and it rolls more with the members than the adverisers. It has been a good policy and I hope it will always be able to be that way. Smiley

As far as the member count,that is a great news. beekeeping is still growing in this digital age!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »

I rarely tell this story, but I did have a rather lucrative offer for exclusive advertising on the forum from one of the big boys about 5 years ago - without going into real numbers, it likely would have lead to a low 5 digit figure that was tempting. But I thought about my initial ideal of lending credibility to the site by making and keeping it non-commercial and then crossed my fingers that people who are capable of donating to help support the forum would find the donate button in the tool bar above.

Sadly the dump in the economy has reduced the contributions, and rightfully so - people's family always come first - but I say with pride that we have enough funds to do what may come about with donations made over the last 7 years.

Mind you we have never reached  "Knock you socks off dollar figures" in the forum bank account, but we have ALWAYS had enough money to pay the bills, like domain registration, backup storage server space and Ventrilo Voice Chat - and we still have a few hundred dollars in case of emergency. This has been a Godsend to have a few bucks JUST in case. I often wonder why most other forums choose the easy way out and sell out to the Google's and other advertisers out there, although forums can get big, with hundreds of posts daily, an incredible amount of private messaging and general bandwidth that reaches many many gigabytes monthly, still I know from keeping the books here, others could do it too. To us, it is an honor to offer you this service STRICTLY at the generosity of the members!

But I would be inept if I did not mention that www.zunibee.com has given us all the server space we need to successfully run the forum for several years now, not to mention: make website space available to members who choose to use his servers to host their own beekeeping web sites at a ridiculously low fee. I can not thank him enough. Without his kind donation of server space for the forum, keeping the forum in the black would be much much harder to do.

I was asked many times to express to the members IF we needed funding to keep afloat, and "here on our way" to year 8, I feel comfortable that IF needed, members would donate anything they could to help us do what we do best "Help make better Beekeepers through friendly and open exchange". Just knowing that we have people here, friends and members I haven't even gotten to know closely, we will always be around to spread the word and teach beekeeping to the world. As mentioned, Beemaster Forums is my legacy to the world - it is something I take great pride in and something that wouldn't exist without all you incredible posts and replies - I thing many forums lose touch with the members, here that is very hard to do, you are the core of the forums uniqueness - Bravo!

Thanks for the kind words, and yes the opportunity to commercialize the site was offered, but then - it would be THEIR SITE and NOT OURS. I would never let that happen, Beemaster Forums will always be a commercial free and family friendly forum, where fighting will not be allowed, but friendship will be encouraged with every post. Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:56:45 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next