I went through most of the forums on the subject of removing honeybees, however my attempt failed. I would like some advice as to possibilities of changes. First let me give you a re-cap of my attempt.
1. Bran-new hive (Black Plasticell Frames [no drawn out]) except for one frame that had brood in it. They were not capped but had eggs a few larvae.
2. I filled the entire feeder tank of sugar water at a 1-1 ratio.
3. I duct-taped all the possible entries and placed a funnel at the busiest entry.
4. I then placed the bee-hive within 1-foot from the funnel.
Please see attached video.
The video is 24 hours into the project. However at 48 I checked on them they were still as they were at 24 hours. They also were just robbing the frame and not working it. However, they were extremely aggressive. When arrived on the scene the neighbor told me he was just stung, and within a few minutes of working with the bees, I was covered could not get them off me. When I went to my vehicle (40 yds away) they flew in and started stinging my dog. I had to fumagate them at this point. They became too much of threat for everyone. I am upset and dissappointed and would like some clarification. After reading my description is there any words of advice to give.
I was considering doing the same idea, but instead of blank funnel, put a tube at the end, and run into an entrance only hive. After a few days, of collecting all the workers I would remove them to a new habitat and release the door, in hoes they will use the hive as their own.