Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 08:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: set out to spend $15, wound up spending $90  (Read 573 times)
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« on: June 07, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »

I got tired of the interminable wait from d----t for some backordered bee escapes and a bottle of bee quick. Drove 50 miles to the 'local' bee supply for a bottle of 'honey robber' (he had honey robber, bee quick, and bee go) I knew I didn't want anything to do with bee-go I've never heard a breakdown on the actual scent but 'horrid' was enough to keep me away from it. I've got bee-quick coming (someday) so I figured I'd get the honey robber and could compare the two. We got to see the man and I figured, since we're here and the wife really wants to handle the bees too we should get her some gloves - I was thinking we'd get a jacket/veil combo soon, but she piped up and asked for the jacket too. (now  I can attack yellow jackets with a ping-pong paddle) at  the end of it he threw in some sticky boards.
              I'm happy, just surprised we went ahead with the jacket. Now the wife gets the original veil for pitching in with the more gentle hives, and I get mondo jacket in case we run into some bee rage (if I tick them off).

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »

store your honey robber in a heavy duty zip bag.  it stinks like death.  works though.........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:49:19 AM »

when i saw your subject line i thought for sure this was going to be a walmart story

Keith
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:55:41 AM »

store your honey robber in a heavy duty zip bag.  it stinks like death.  works though.........

I don't think it will be staying in the house once it's opened.

Keith, if I'm not with my wife, I  try to set records getting in and out of wal-mart, she's like a kid at dismal world and wants to see everything twice.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next