Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 09:45:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Governor of Colorado  (Read 1991 times)
Sparky
Field Bee

« on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »

This is chilling.

Subject: Governor of Colorado.

We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado .. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington , DC , filled to capacity by many of America 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, 'Mexifornia,' explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America .

The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States . He said, 'If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.''

'Here is how they do it,' Lamm said:

'First, to destroy America , turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country... History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way:
'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada , Belgium , Malaysia , and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy , if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims.'

Lamm went on:

'Second, to destroy America , invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

'Third, we could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec ' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricy and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, 'I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and
culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.'

'Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.'

'My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations andbusiness to give these efforts lots ofmoney. Iwould invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology...' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority plation.'

'My sixth plan for America 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precept. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games.. A common enemy, Persia , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. 'E. Pluribus Unum' -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will'Balkanize'   America as surely as Kosovo.'

'Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-cultum, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.'

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, 'Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America .. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.'

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America Take note of California and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book '1984..' In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: 'War is peace,' 'Freedom is slavery,' and 'Ignorance is strength..'

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

there are two lessons here.  we usually miss the 2nd.

Genesis 11:1-8 ) "And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city."

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »

So God decided it was bad to have one language? Why should we think we should have one language?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

i think you miss the point of the article and what i posted.  a language that everyone speaks well, regardless of what other languages they may speak,  allow for unified effort. people who can't communicate, can't work together.  if you can't work together, you can't accomplish much.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »

Yes I caught that.....

But you know me  evil Got to show the other side of the coin.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »

Oh, puhleeze. How lucky for us that our skin color and language (assuming white, English-speaking people are posting here) became predominant. How sucky for us when it starts to change.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

No not all are white and English speaking, there are other countries represented here.

But yes I am white and speak only English, even though I was born and raised and live in Texas.  rolleyes

As a cross country trucker for a few years I did deliver goods to people that could not speak English but we managed to get the job of loading or unloading done together.

But I still am wondering about that Genesis 11:1-8  thing. Perhaps God doesn't want us work well together.  Wink

Jerry

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

God did not want people to reach heaven on their own.  He put a quick stop to it.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

i was not only talking about white, english speaking, people.

look at the examples above of other countries that have language divisions.  they are not all english speaking.  we are one country and if we want to work together, we need one language.  we have many, many, differences.  we can work and create and be successful because we, in spite of our other differences, speak one language.  it is the language of our founding and our laws.  speak as many languages as you wish.  the more the better.  just be able to speak and read English if you intend to make this country your home.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »

No not all are white and English speaking, there are other countries represented here.
That's great! I was being sarcastic. I find it ridiculous and annoying when people suggest that having a differnet language and culture make it impossible for people in a country to coexist, or, in fact. I thought in America we were a bit more progressive than that.

And, I'm assuming those of you who insist all in America must speak English are doing something to help out, like tutoring non-native speakers?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:47 PM »

That's great! I was being sarcastic. I find it ridiculous and annoying when people suggest that having a differnet language and culture make it impossible for people in a country to coexist, or, in fact. I thought in America we were a bit more progressive than that.

And, I'm assuming those of you who insist all in America must speak English are doing something to help out, like tutoring non-native speakers?

Absolutly and against my will I might add every 1st and 15th when I pay my taxes

Keith
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »

I speak some spanish, some french, but not to trade. Anywhere else in the world, for example - if a German and a Latvian want to conduct business together - let's say in France, just for example - they do it in english. Awfully stupid when the world considers english the language of trade to have to hesitate and think about whether to give anything other than english equal footing in a nation whose overwhelming majority speak only english by default. It also degrades people who speak spanish, by assuming that they aren't smart enough to learn english, and teaching it to them is hopeless.
My sister was a nurse in Miami for a time and was met with open hostility (by illegals, no less) not because her spanish wasn't any good, but because it wasn't good enough. - No, English only please, tough luck if you're too stubborn to learn it; speak whatever you want at home.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »

break this down to something even a lib can understand.  put 10 people in a room and give them a problem to solve or a job to do.  make all 10 speak to each other in different languages.  do you think the job/problem would be taken care of efficiently....if at all?  of course not.  the same thing applies on a bigger scale to a country.  

thank god we are not more progressive.  we spend a fortune printing ballots, tests, and paying interpretors in court, for people who live here but choose not to speak the language.  have you any idea how much hospitals pay for interpreters?  those guys may around 30 dollars an hour just being on call in case they are needed....and they are mandated.

speak whatever language you want at home.  practice your culture.  if you want to be an American, or live here and benefit from what this country offers....learn English!!!!!

when i was young non English speaking kids learned English really quickly in school.  there was no ESL class.  when i worked with Vietnamese refugees after the war the most popular classes were English and American culture.   why?  they wanted to be American and those two classes would get them there faster.  how many of our families came here not speaking English and learned quickly and told their kids "speak English only"!  why?  they wanted to be American.

the idea that we are multi-cultural is a fairly recent idea.  want to see how well that works?  remember the French riots?  that was all about a divided society.  a large portion of the population who refused to become French, but demanded that they get all the "benefits" of being French.  want to see it here.  go to Michigan and look at the large Arab and African Muslim population the refuses to become American.  guess what they are breeding?  home grown terrorists popping off to places like Somalia for a little extra bomb making training.

a countrys' identity is it's culture and language.  it is a melting pot.  we all contribute, but in the end we are supposed to be one thing.

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:57 PM »

By doing the opposite of what this person said you have a way to save America.  We must keep up the fight.  A year ago I was ready to pack my bags and move to our house in Croatia, but me being the former Marine I am, I will fight this B.S. where ever and when ever I can.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »

What part of 'melting pot' isn't being understood here?  That's what has made America great.  Now that we're 'celebrating diversity' we're splintered into a thousand different groups, not one America.  That's what is supposed to happen, you come to America and become American.  This country will not survive multiculturalism the way it's being interpreted by the left.

I actually heard Gore babbling about E Pluribus Unum - he said that was out of one, many.  I couldn't believe it then, and I find it hard to believe anyone thinks that (totally wrong) interpretation has any benefit to the USA.  It means Out of Many, One, in case you've got to the Algore School of Mininterpretation.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 04:21:58 AM »

I consider Teddy Roosevelt one of the greatest Americans.   His views of immigration and such are as valid today as they were in the early 1900's.

Read here.

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 09:45:58 AM »

I consider Teddy Roosevelt one of the greatest Americans.   His views of immigration and such are as valid today as they were in the early 1900's.

Read here.
Yup, exactly. I'm repeating the pertinent quote here:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall  be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to  discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.  But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American,  and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any  man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American  at all.  We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one  language here , and that is the English language... and we have room for but one  sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."  Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I can think of quite a few politicians who are totally unAmerican based on the above - starting with the Messiah himself.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next