Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 09:36:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's at fault  (Read 2106 times)
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« on: May 26, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »

I just read that the American public is losing its patience with President Obama over his handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill.  Is it the governments fault or BP's fault over the cleanup  of the oil spill?   What is everybody's opinion over who is responsible for the spill at this point?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »

for the most part, i think it falls under the SH category.  that's not to say that no mistakes were made, or are being made.  people make mistakes.

the original blame goes to those who force drilling so far out and so deep. 

i do wonder why we must do studies to determine the potential damage of every thing that BP or the state want to do.  in an emergency, you do what needs to be done.  we don't need a bunch of bureaucrats sitting around weighing the potential damage of building up outlying islands vs. the damage the oil is doing....while the oil is doing the damage.

blame can be assigned after the emergency is done.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »

I guess it's my fault. It would be Bush's fault, but he is gone, so his supporters have to take up slack.   Brian   tumbleweed

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »

No, it's my fault just because I haven't paid much attention to whats being said about whom.

These accidents are bound to happen, it's just a matter of time as is how to stop it. Will mud and concrete really work?  What a pain in the _____. last thoughts, just figure out a way to stop it and lose the word blame.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:44:27 PM by wd » Logged
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »

The oil comes out of the ground because of the pressure. Once the pressure on the top side balances out the pressure under the ground the oil will stop. Yes a nice sized plug of concrete should do the trick if they can get enough of it in the hole at one time to balance out the pressure.

Now how is this in any way Obama's fault and who is it really that is getting angry at him for it? As is mentioned in some articles the USA government is not equipped to do anything for deep oil wells. That would be the oil companies that would be equipped to handle the situation. So I would guess BP could handle it, if it can be handled at all.

Or perhaps Obama could order one of our local oil companies to take over the operation. (See how far that goes) Still who should pay for it?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »

If they already know how, why hasn't it been stopped ? sounds as though everyone is sitting around on their hands saying not me...   we all depend on oil so we'll all pay for it one or another as usual.

just plug the thing up and be done with it then. yeah, I know, easier said then done. in the mean time lets all watch, point fingers and figure out who will pay for it now.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 03:50:13 AM »

I'm just wondering why Obama hasn't been labeled a racist yet? Since this catastrophe is happening to south Louisiana people who generally are white it must be racism. Bush was labeled a racist because of Katrina. where is the MSM on this one?

IMHO its not any politicians fault UNTIL they start using the event to their benefit. Once the cleanup is complete Obamanites will swoop in and say look what we have done, we are great.

The fault lies with being forced to try dangerous drilling when accessible oil reserves are denied because of the tree huggers. Yes BP is holding the bag on this one they deserve to pay for this but they will reach a point on this cleanup where their cash reserves will run dry. The govt. will have to pay for this( that should have read you and I) the lawsuits are being filled as I type some legitimate some very frivolous. Like the lady who said she can't fish any more and is looking to sue for a whopping ten million in pain and suffering. this clean up will last years. Luckily i work for the largest environmental firm in the world so job security is looking good for me when I return from my year vacation. This is a spill that will cripple the Louisiana seafood industry and wipe some completely out. Louisiana will feel the pain on this one for a long time. Hopefully it will be cleaned up correctly. I know from the industry Louisiana has a way of kicking oil under the rug sometimes i hope that is not the case here

Keith
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 06:30:44 AM »

Congress wants to quadruple the tax levied on each barrel of oil designated for cleanups "for money upfront" to pay for cleanup. Then the responsible party will also pay.So in the end the consumer will have to pay twice for every clean up . And if there nevere is another spill,we will jst continue to keep paying.
Tax the problem.That sounds like a typical government solution.This is where government is at fault.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9FTDV7O1
I bet all that money goes where it's supposed to.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »

So where's that money suppose to go?   Paying the interest on the debt we have now.
ayyon2157
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »

Hello everyone:

About 110 years ago we had an oil boom here in NE Indiana. This was swampy land immortalized by the Gene Stratton Porter books.  Gushers caused oil to cover the roads, flow down the side ditches, and make the Wabash river inhospitable for mussels, birds which were part of the flyway to Canada and the Arctic, and probably the catfish and giant Gar. 

Gas was burned for months. and botanists began to study the plant life which was springing up in the vicinity of these "flambeaux".

The smell of oil always permeated the area, and came to be considered a welcome change from that of hog manure.

Being ignorant folks, we were content to just let the effects of the oil disappear, and the wildlife populations return to normal which soon occured after virtually all the oilfield equipment and workers left for greener (perhaps in this case blacker) pastures in Oklahoma.  The oil is still there but nobody cares.  There are now sufficient enviromental restrictions to prevent pumping it.  (there is usually a little salt water with the oil to be disposed of, and salt water is now considered "hazardous waste")

BP will of course file bankrupcy and continue under a different name, and the US government will simply print more money.  The Chinese will buy up anything of value here, and inflation will reduce the huge dollar numbers to insignificance.  (When I was in France in 1960, they had just had a devaluation making a "new frank" worth 1000 "old franks")

ayyon 2157

William H. Michaels
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »

Well said, I just wonder when the U.S. has no value, like Greece, how will we get the Chinese to buy our debt? 

We need the oil, this being only the second leak from a platform in history, and the fact that there is just oodles of oil down there, just real hard to get to the oil, should we stop looking for it there now? 

And now to stop the oil flow?  Shall we try a old Soviet Union fix, like setting off an atomic blast to seal the well?
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 03:47:39 AM »

surely you jest an atomic detonation to clean up the oil? no salt water will eventually break down the oil. it will take years but iit will happen
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »

The Soviets stopped a well with an underground atomic bomb.   They also built a dam for a lake with an atomic bomb also.   

Remember how many test bombs were set off in the south pacific.   
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:55 AM »

I'm sure it was George Bush's fault.  I'm just not clear how yet... but I'm sure that will be the consensus in the end...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:05:25 AM »

BP should be held Liable.  The government should get there donkey in there and fix it.  Then a BIG BILL and a BIG LEAN ON THERE BUSINESS should be put in place.  This lean should also cover all damages brought on by this spill so BP cant fight it in court and screw everybody like the last big spill which as far as I know hardly anybody has got there money yet.  Put a lean which will freeze there accounts and take there money now or shut them down like any other business is forced to do if they owe money.

Think there will be any more of those, were so green commercials in the near future from BP?

Ya lets tap oil in the deep ocean instead of the tundra in Alaska.  A moose or Elk might not want to eat grass near a pipe line.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 08:04:30 AM »

Then a BIG BILL and a BIG LEAN ON THERE BUSINESS should be put in place.  This lean should also cover all damages brought on by this spill so BP cant ..

Do you mean LIEN?

I think that BP is already leaning.....

Rick
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »

the chosen one has moved on from his previous state of "angry and is now "furious".   things should be fixed shortly.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »

the chosen one has moved on from his previous state of "angry and is now "furious".   things should be fixed shortly.
<snort> I am so stealing this lau

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next