Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:03:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ready to take some risks  (Read 529 times)
TwoHoneys
House Bee

« on: May 26, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »

I've been following a few of your blogs and websites, and my gut tells me to get involved over here.

This is my second summer keeping bees. Last year I had two hives---in April 2009, I captured a swarm and also installed a package. The swarm hive was strong then and continues to be robust. The packaged hive never thrived and starved over the winter. So, I added two packages this year, which brings me to three colonies. I'm ready to start "managing" my hives...I guess I mean that I'm itching to work proactively for success. For me this means that I need to ask questions of you all and take some risks with doing things differently. I want to try new approaches---maybe rejecting conventional wisdom---but I may need a bit of hand holding to do it.

I live and keep my bees in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Okay, I guess that's it for now.

"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »

welcome to beemaster.  ask away.  we do our best to give you more information than you need...or want   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next