Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 02:29:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Foundation in Supers  (Read 2660 times)
dp
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »

Ok, I went and bought some wax, so I'm going to paint some on.   I'll keep you posted.  Not sure it's going to make much difference until the weather changes a little bit.  We are having a very cool damp spring in Southern Oregon.  Great answers, thanks for all of the input.
Wynoochee_newbee_guy
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 11:52:46 PM »

There is no nectar flow right now in the Pacific North west. Too much rain

Its All Fun And Games Till I lose an EYE!
dp
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »

so...should I be feeding, or just hang on for the blackberries?  They are just starting to bloom in my area, but more cool wet weather predicted  angry
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »

what do they have fore stores and are your frames drawn out.  you have to go by what's inside.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

I have some old frames that got ate up by the moths a whole back and after I cleaned them up with the pressure washer, I just stuck them in the basement out of the rotation.   I bet they don't have the wax coating left on them anymore since the cleaning.    When I put them back into rotation, I bet I need to rewax the boogers.   What does every body think would be best or easiest, dipping or brushing?  Keep in mind, there were just a handful of sheets to rewax.
Grandpa Jim
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 01:10:20 AM »

A little wax melted in a old pan (that will be dedicated to only wax now) and a real cheep brush (not because I am cheep, they just work well) will go a long way coating those frames.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

I second Allen.  Great pic.  More to the point - great experiment!  a beekeeper that actually runs an experiment and finds out. 
JC
Awesome--Thanks!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next