Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 12:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May God have mercy  (Read 7686 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »

Not sure that such rudeness is called for, but I agree with you. I'm done here, too.
Yes I may have been rude but I didn't call any body names so I think I'm safe Wink evil

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »

i'm out.  you can only explain things so many ways, then you have to give up.
I'm not dense. And you are doing a great job of explaining your views. We just disagree. Now I'm really and truly outta here Smiley

Irwin, as far as I know being compared to a rock is not exactly a compliment. No problem. As I just mentioned above, people can simply disagree without calling each other dense. You haven't budged in your position, either, but I'll choose to see you as determined rather than dense.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »

...America just ask that you keep it to yourself. I guess thats too much to ask for

Keith

I remember an old Chief telling us in a class that the best personal policy was "no hand holding or public displays of affection (on base)" Everyone in that class was male and presumably straight - they were still asking (can't swear whether they were telling).
 I remember death by firing squad for being asleep on watch during wartime as part of the UCMJ, I suppose dereliction would be the charge for being sexually engaged while on watch, but I don't recall the penalty.

be happy and make others happy.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »

Yes, whether it be physical, emotional, or mental, anything other than the written acceptable should be denied.

Of course, as it stands, the Governor was right. Jerrymac, lovin honey, and their think alikes are nearing utopia. Their desire to see America destroyed is almost complete. There will be no America in a few years.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »

Now now. No need for the mean talk. most people know I play devil's advocate some times. If I don't Kathy will.  grin

But there are times I really don't know which side, liberals or conservatives, work the hardest at destroying the real American dream. Everyone is satisfied with the (cough) freedoms (cough) we have as long as it is the freedom they want. Other wise you can't have it, you don't deserve it, or who knows how many other reason there are for someone not having it.

Should gay people be able to serve openly in the military? Yes they should. SHOULD being the operative word.

Can they? No. Probably not for a very long time. Because of people's prejudices be they natural or taught.

A question was asked of me... I guess it was asked of me.... why are women and men separated the way they are in the service. Well it would seem the answer is very obvious.... but it is not. Truth is I do not know why they should be separated. Has something to do with how we evolved after we started placing material over our bodies for protection from the elements. Other wise men and women living together and running around even naked together should be the natural thing. But someone somewhere decided it was immoral. Thus we have the sexual problems we have today.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »

But someone somewhere decided it was immoral

it would certainly be distracting and in many cases (in the military) dangerous!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/24/compromise-reached-on-dont-ask-dont-tell/

It will be a sad day for homosexuals everywhere the day an openly gay men decide to join the Infantry. The Infantry is a different bread of soldier we will not put down our religious beliefs because the govt. tells us. More importantly the infantry soldier without religious beliefs will not tolerate a homosexual in the shower with him. this will not go over smooth in combat arms and definetly not the Infantry

Keith

this statement is unclear and a bit ambiguous.  are you saying gays shouldn't be in combat? that they have no place in combat?  if so, why not?  is it not your duty to get the job done?  i'm sure you'll face worse in life than having to murder people with a homo by your side.

"In a head-on collision with Fanatics, the real problem is always the same: how can we possibly behave decently toward people so arrogantly ignorant that they believe, first, that they possess Christ's power to bestow salvation, second, that forcing us to memorize and regurgitate a few of their favorite Bible phrases and attend their church is that salvation, and third, that any discomfort, frustration, anger or disagreement we express in the face of their moronic barrages is due not to their astounding effrontery but to our sinfulness?" -David James Duncan

"True evangelism, based on the example of Jesus, does not suggest the “missionary zeal” of self-righteous proselytizers. It implies, on the contrary, the kind of all-embracing universality evident in Mother Teresa’s prayer: “May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in.” Not just fellow nuns, Catholics, Calcuttans, Indians. The whole world. It gives me pause to realize that, were such a prayer said by me and answered by God, I would afterward possess a heart so open that even hate-driven zealots would fall inside. There is a self-righteous knot in me that finds zealotry so repugnant it wants to sit on the sidelines with the like-minded, plaster our cars with bumper stickers that say “Mean People Suck” and “No Billionaire Left Behind” and “Who would Jesus Bomb?”, and leave it at that. But my sense of the world as a gift, my sense of a grace operative in this world despite its terrors, propels me to allow the world to open my heart still wider, even if the openness comes by breaking—for I have seen the whole world fall into a few hearts, and nothing has ever struck me as more beautiful." - another duncan quote

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »

Good Friday was the day
Of the prodigy and crime,
When they killed him in his pity,
When they killed him in his prime
Of clemency and calm--
When with yearning he was filled
To redeem the evil-willed,
And, though conqueror, be kind;
But they killed him in his kindness,
In their madness and their blindness,
And they killed him from behind.

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand;
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

He lieth in his blood--
The father in his face;
They have killed him, the Forgiver--
The Avenger takes his place,
The Avenger wisely stern,
Who in righteousness shall do
What the heavens call him to,
And the parricides remand;
For they killed him in his kindness,
In their madness and their blindness,
And his blood is on their hand.

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

-Melville

works on so many levels.....

but it's about lincoln

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:35 PM »

you didn't read very carefully the argument or you would not have asked the question, but that brings to mind something that happened to me...long, long, ago....

anyway:  i was working a kind of high pressure job and there were just a couple of us to a shift.  one night i walked in to work and found the woman i worked with in tears.  i figured she was cracking up.  turned out, she'd just found out that her husband was having an affair....with a man....and was leaving her.  she was an old style catholic.  how was she going to tell her kids?  was she to tell them that what daddy was doing was ok so that they wouldn't think less of him?
what would that do to their faith if suddenly something they had been taught was wrong, was now ok just because daddy was doing it?

my answer was that, just as Christ taught us, we can love the sinner but not the sin.  she had a chance to preserve the faith of the child without destroying the relationship with the father.

personally, my objection as stated above has nothing to do with religion.  i'm not a particularly religious person.  there are a lot of things that are between the individual and their god and they have to answer (or not) for what they do.  however, i don't think you can say  that just because a person does a thing, it naturally follows that everyone should accept that thing.  if that were true, i could smoke where i want to smoke  Wink  i don't think you can find scriptural support for that point of view either.  Christ loved many sinners, but he also said, "repent".

since you brought it up.......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »

You keep bringing up smoking. Turns out people believe that second hand smoke kills, there fore they ban smoking in certain places.

Hummmm....... second hand homosexuality.....  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »

the science on second had smoke for the general public is very questionable.  it certainly would not explain the 1/2 mile hike i have to take at the airport while the general public stand there inhaling exhaust from multiple vehicles in front of the door!  if does not explain having to smoke 25 feet away from any door or window (even if closed) in Washington, or having neighbors complain....and win....about people smoking in their own houses.  people don't like the smell of cigarettes.  they do seem to like the taxes we pay.....

drinking is legal, but in most places i can't walk down the street drinking.  why not?

there are plenty of things that people like to do, and are legal, yet the time and place for those activities is limited by law. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Never+Shine+Sun+Live+/21J12v

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2010, 12:50:38 AM »

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=life%20is%20a%20highway

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »

Yes, whether it be physical, emotional, or mental, anything other than the written acceptable should be denied.

Of course, as it stands, the Governor was right. Jerrymac, lovin honey, and their think alikes are nearing utopia. Their desire to see America destroyed is almost complete. There will be no America in a few years.
So unfortunately true.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »

it sure is...but i much prefer the fatalistic Townes

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Rex+s+Blues/1ZcpiV

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »

grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »

And one more thought. It was said a few times that if they (gays) didn't like it the way it is then they don't have to join. I guess if it becomes openly gay and the straight don't like it....  they don't have to join. 

Jerry

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »

Jerry, you are right there. Now think what it will mean if that's all we have to defend our country. "Bye, Bye, American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the Levy."

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=american%20pie

evil

i'll be humming that all day!

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next