Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 04:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A very sad day :(  (Read 490 times)
Rodni73
House Bee

« on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

Last night I had a dream that I was chasing a swarm behind my grand parents house. I ran and ran all night long but they were out of reach.
Woke up in the morning and told my wife if one of the hives swarm please call me asap! She laughed at me and said she would.

-Came home from work and while I was eating lunch I could not believe my eyes.. A sawrm the size of a football hanging from the branch of the oack tree..way too high.. I tried to climb the tree but lost my grip and went down like a log. tried my uncle ladder to no avail.. they are too high.
climbed my father's garage with a wrope and a grapple hook to bring the branch down but it was too high.

all in all everything I did failed. They are still up in the tree! though I got an empty deep with drawn foundation and placed it underneath the tree
hoping I have a 1% chance of them landing on it.

-Rodni  Cry
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »

when a thing is impossible, but you still give it your all, you can hardly call it a failure.  sounds like you got some good exercise  Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
gardeningfireman
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:33 PM »

At least you didn't hurt or kill yourself! shocked

Grandpa Jim
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:56 PM »

I know the feeling.  One of mine swarmed Sunday about noon.  Settled about 30 feet up, about the size of a football and no way to get it.  They did not make me agonize for long....they left about 4:30.  My donation to the "wild" bee population.
Maybe we could come up with a bucket launcher, to retrieve those high swarms.....just better have good aim on the first shot grin.
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next