Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 05:37:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberal stupidity  (Read 965 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.   

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged them with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist. 

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school..

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock

2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher.  English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.   

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die.

2010 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again. 

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.  Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.   

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »

Well, I'm have liberal views and actually agree with you on the gun issue. I got a call from the principal when my son (7 at the time) and his friend played pretend guns at school.

My husband tells about bringing guns to school in the 80s for rabbit and squirrel hunting at a friend's house after school.

Still, I'm thinking that school shootings hadn't happened in the 70s, and society has to respond to its current crises.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:06 PM »

Back in the day--I often went hunting after school.  My brother and I would walk through town, rifles/shotguns in hand, pockets full of shells, and hunting dogs trotting beside us.  On the weekends we would often be gone for the entire weekend, camping out, no supervision of any kind. 

Now days I would be surrounded by cops before I could walk 3 blocks and arrested for illegal possession of a firearm, have the gun confiscated, and also cited for  failure to keep my dog on a leash.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »

The thing I find funny is that shootings in school never happened until they where made all but ileagal.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
wxton
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

I have to disagree about the school shootings started happening when they all but outlawed guns....it was when they all but outlawed whipping your kids butts!!!  Just my opinion.

Hopefully I learned more today than I forgot yesterday!!

Britt
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:45:05 PM »

I have to disagree about the school shootings started happening when they all but outlawed guns....it was when they all but outlawed whipping your kids butts!!!  Just my opinion.

Naw...way before that, some guy with pointy ears wrote a book about how to deal with children with only positive reinforcement and that it was fine for the kids to do whatever they want.  Dr. Spock or some such guy.

It was only after years of that brainwashing that they got to the point where it's wrong to give a child any sort of negative reinforcement.

Rick
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

Ive said it before. Kids have developed chronic allergies to leather and wood.  I have never forgotten the sound of a leather belt clearing denim belt loops or the place where mom kept the wooden reinforcement device. Being a policman for nearly 15 years, it sickens me when people call the cops cuz Lil Johnny,Jill or whoever refuses to get out of bed to go to school. My dad told you once that it was time to wake up, he didnt have to tell me twice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next