The eggs aren't all of the bottoms of the cells. Some are stuck to sides, others are on top of pollen, and so on.
I hived this package on April 15, and I'd say the queen was released within a day or so. When I checked on the hive 5 days later, all was well and the queen released. At the time, I didn't want to start poking around too much.
So when I saw the spotty, drone-y brood pattern and queen cells on Saturday, I figured it was ok--they'd replace a bad queen. But even them I didn't pull every frame.
I've never heard of a bad queen laying 10+ eggs in a cell.
Well, I figure I'll let it go another week. If they haven't sorted themselves out, I'll shake down and combine with another hive. In the meantime, it's really just an interesting experiment.