Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 08:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: book/audio rec  (Read 629 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »

Never Give In: The Best of Winston Churchill's Speeches

best if you do the audio because it's sooo good.  if you can't, the book is good too.  he was an interesting guy.  even in the things he got wrong, there is instruction.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:16 AM »

I actually heard this last summer as part of a larger history of WWII. It was fascinating!

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »

it is.  it's pretty long, but he had a long career.  i think the speeches were put together by his son.  many i have read, but hearing them in his own voice brings more.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

i just listened to Ron Paul's "End the Fed"

i'd read it too...but having it on audio cd sure makes for a nice refresher.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »

i wish i could get behind him because i like a lot of his domestic policy.  his foreign policy sucks.  he'd never get his domestic plan through congress and he'd have a better chance with his foreign policy.  can't support that, but he's interesting. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next