Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 02:03:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New from Arizona  (Read 748 times)
Spice Girl
New Bee

« on: April 27, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »

Hello, my name is Rachel. I live in Catalina Az. I am interested in learning about bee keeping, as my boyfriend is beginning a new bee hive removal and bee hive business. He has been getting daily removal calls, and we are looking for an inexpensive bee suit for myself now, so I can go out and help him.
I have been looking on line for information on royal jelly production, how it is made, what it looks like,....
very fascinating to me!!
I was stung 15 times yesterday!! I went on a removal with him and didn't get my covers on in time! The bee's were hanging on the outside wall of an abandoned house.
I sell spices & spice blends @ home & on line. I work for a grocery chain @ the moment, but want to get into honey and bee's and spices full time. 
I hope to get to know some of you folks out there. I've heard some of the chat's that Luis has had, and he has learned a lot and made some really good friends!

Hope to chat soon ~ Spice Girl

Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

Oh my, Rachel! Ouch!! Yes. You need a bee-suit! grin

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle
Spice Girl
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:13 PM »

Hi Cuz!!  I'm learning!!!!!
Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »

Good to see you here... you're in good hands. There's so much to know!

~ Aristotle
Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

By the way, everybody... Rachel's AmaZing Spices are amazing!! I made black-bean soup tonight for myself with the 'Jalapeno 2' variety.

Yum! (just sayin'...)

~ Aristotle
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »

welcome.  there is a spice place i go to when i am in carefree.  can't remember the name off hand.  they have some great stuff.  do you sell there?

you should be able to find a relatively inexpensive bee suit on line.  Mann Lake carries and jacket-hood combo that i find to be plenty for cutouts, etc.  i do recommend the zip up combo for cutouts.  keeps those unhappy bees out of your face  smiley  most places carry the full suit also if a jacket is not enough for you.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 09:55:55 AM »

Spice Girl, welcome to our forum, wonderful you found us.  You are up to some interesting stuff with your spices, go girl!!!  Have that most awesome and wonderful day, with that same health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next