Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 01:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: nice one today  (Read 1381 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »

first time i knocked them down they took off again.  had to take them out of a rhododendron.  it was a two boxer, but i got them home in one ok.  got another call and the pic is in this album, but when i went after them, they were to high and i didn't have 'stuff'.  tried to knock them down but they stung the crap out of me and there were kids around.  left a box and if they are still there tomorrow, i'll go after them with the right equipment.

the swarm in this pic was hanging down about three feet long.  what you see in this box is about 2/3 of them right  before they took off and i had to chase them down  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »

Nice one. Hope you get the one tomorrow.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »

Sounds like you had your hands full!!

Glad you got one of them put up and hopefully the others will be waiting on you in the morning for "pick up service" grin

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »

i had a feeling when i went out that i should have thrown extra in the car, but i didn't.  the 2nd call was from the same neighborhood as the first, so i begged a box from a store and went after it.  they weren't very nice bees, so if i don't get them, it's ok.  kind of surprising since they came out of a tree on the property.  that's the first feral swarm i have gone after that was mean like that.  they chased me a long ways.  didn't want those kids hurt, so i called it a day.

did find out that there is access to my car from the trunk.  put the first hive back there with tons of bees on the outside.  guess they wanted the AC, because they moved up with me.  next time...the truck!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »

Always good to have company for a drive.

be happy and make others happy.
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:53:29 AM »

Good Job!  Hope you got the other one as well.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »

got no 2 today.  they were much nicer.  don't know what got into them yesterday.

Alexis de Tocqueville
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »

got no 2 today.  they were much nicer.  don't know what got into them yesterday.

Annoyed by small children, I would guess, much like me!!!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »

Congrats!

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jahjude
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

All's well that ends well Kathy,can see where experience played a gr8 role Wink

I've chosen understanding over knowledge-since knowledge is all about knowing where to find facts and understanding is knowing how to manipulate knowledge...I've also chosen knowledge over beliefs!! We all need to..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next