Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 09:00:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Ban Sign  (Read 11228 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »

Me nuts?Huh YEP.

Helps me tolerate the insane.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »

Ralph, my neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (ABM bumper stickers, gung-ho
socialized medicine, "guns should be banned", etc.).  So last week I put
this sign up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a
neighborhood cocktail party. 

Scenario 1
Neighbour next to one with gun sign puts up his own sign. My neighbour is away all week, house is empty except for two dogs (dogs being fed and walked by a friend from gun club) heavily armed robber now enters property, kills both dogs, steals everything of value. Neighbour doesn't phone police because neighbour with guns says they are useless. He later phones city sanitation dept to complain of smell from dead dogs.

Scenario 2
Be friendly with your neighbours, or move!

Just a joke of course.

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »

the first post is fake...this story along with the gun sign has been circulating in emails for a couple of years.

you can go to numerous sites and make the picture....www.says-it.com comes to mind.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »

An armed society is a polite society.

My gun is bigger than yours.

I have neighbors that target shoot all the time.

I shoot coyotes or dogs that come around and kill my chickens.

It never ceases to amaze me how those of us that live around guns really think nothing of it, and those that don't, seems to turn every gun or comment about guns into something sinister.  rolleyes

A gun is a tool. Same as knife, bat, hammer, car, screwdriver, icepick, etc etc etc. Used properly it is a good thing, used wrongly it is a dangerous weapon. None of the items listed kill people. It is people that kill people.

shocked  shocked Perhaps we should outlaw people  shocked  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 06:33:30 PM »

Anyway, who'd want to live next to a wack-job like that?
I think that was the whole purpose of the sign - so that the "wack-job" neighbor might move..
Cheesy

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
joker1656
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »

The "whack-job" actually lives in the direction of the arrow.   Wink

*baaaaaaa*  evil

"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

I like this one.

I'm fine with the free speech facet of the story, and that the (fictional) neighbor was so annoyed that his gun-hater stance was made public.
I doubt it was a true story anyway.

be happy and make others happy.
c10250
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »

You guys kill me.  A polite society is an armed society.  Absolutely agree.  I am VERY well armed, and fill my freezer up with game every hunting season.  That's not the issue here.

The issue is the nut-ball who puts up a sign because his neighbor disagrees with him.  Most of us chuckle at the ignorance of people unfamiliar with guns. That's fine.  But to put a friggn sign in your yard . . . you are a complete wack job, and I think totally unstable.

Heck, it's OK to disagree with your wife, but you don't punch her.  Just because you disagree, you don't need to act like a 5-year old . . .
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »

Heck, it's OK to disagree with your wife, but you don't punch her.  Just because you disagree, you don't need to act like a 5-year old . . .
No one (not even the joke picture) suggested that there was any actual violence delivered - so the punching of anyone was not a good analogy. The antis would have us think that this would pose no threat to anyone, since guns are not useful for self defense anyways. But they think nothing of ACTUALLY publishing the names and addresses of ALL gun owners in the local papers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander - at least the "gun culture" does it with "joke pictures" to demonstrate exactly how "childish" and dangerous these actions are - but by the exhibited standards of ethics demonstrated from the anti-gun side...The sign would be perfectly appropriate.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »

You guys kill me.  a polite society is an armed society.  Absolutely agree.  I am VERY well armed, and fill my freezer up with game every hunting season.  That's not the issue here.

The issue is the nut-ball who puts up a sign because his neighbor disagrees with him.  Most of us chuckle at the ignorance of people unfamiliar with guns. That's fine.  But to put a friggn sign in your yard . . . you are a complete wack job, and I think totally unstable.

That would depend entirely on whether the neighbor took the Rosie O'donnel @ Tom Selleck route "...Gun owners should be lined up and shot".  Under those circumstances I'd be terribly tempted to make a sign...

be happy and make others happy.
joker1656
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »

Beehappy, nice poster....  grin

c10250, I assumed that you realized that the whole story and picture that started this banter is not even real.  It is a tongue-in-cheek little email forward.  It is funny, because it is so bizarre.  I still say that the actual "whack-job" is not the guy with the sign in his yard. Wink 

Just because you disagree with the fictional main character's approach does not give you license to start calling posters, that think the joke is funny, crazy.  Just relax, it was a funny joke.  Sheesh, we're all friends here......

"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »

Sheesh, we're all friends here......

Are we? Are we really?

There may be infiltrators here trying to flush out us whack-jobs.  butt kick

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »

I personally think all guns should be outlawed. If they are against the law to own then people wont kill others with them.  Guns are very yucky dangerous things that the government should only be allowed to have/use. They are too dangerous for civilians. If you feel you are in danger call the police and let someone that is trained to defend the public do their jobs.

If you believe ANY of that then ya really need your head checked. I used to be a gun owner until a very tragic boat accident a couple years ago.  Seems my 270 and my pistol are in the bottom of the lake after my canoe turned over while I was in the middle of the lake.

We need to take lessons from Switzerland.....

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

I personally think all guns should be outlawed. If they are against the law to own then people wont kill others with them.  Guns are very yucky dangerous things that the government should only be allowed to have/use. They are too dangerous for civilians. If you feel you are in danger call the police and let someone that is trained to defend the public do their jobs.

Problem is..There ARE people that think exactly that way. Of course they should read the news sometimes
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_as/as_china_students_attacked
Where there are no guns - the problems remain.

When SECONDS count (sometimes very few) in a matter of life and death - the police are only MINUTES away (Sometimes very many minutes).

- Marcus Aurelius -
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »

I hear that!

I have trained at oregonfirearmsacademy (.com) and they have actuall 911 calls that PROVE that when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

The sheeple think that if you outlaw guns that the gun violence will go away.  I'm sorry but if someone is willing to break the law to kill someone else... then a little law like owning a gun when you aren't supposed to isn't going to slow them down.

Favorite saying of mine is 'If you outlaw guns... only outlaws will have guns.'  I for one, am more than willing to become an outlaw if it comes down to it.

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

oh...you were lucky to have trained with them.  wish i had the time to do it....not that the marines didn't do a fine job training me, but a good brush-up course is never a bad idea  grin

+ i hear they have some fun toys!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »

Yes.... the Adjudicator.

Can someone say as close to real life as you can get?  Airsoft vs. lead though.

Awesome group.

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:04 PM »

I personally think all guns should be outlawed. If they are against the law to own then people wont kill others with them.  Guns are very yucky dangerous things that the government should only be allowed to have/use. They are too dangerous for civilians. If you feel you are in danger call the police and let someone that is trained to defend the public do their jobs.

The posting was just a forwarded joke in a email, but you do not want to open that can of worms about people not killing others if owning guns is outlawed. We the civilians are part of the defence of our country (read your real history, not what is taught in the schools today) and if the guns are removed from the law abiding citizen, then the only people with them will be the criminals that will still have no problem getting them.  Lets say that your place is being , broken into by your local crack head that does not care if he has to kill you and yor family, to take what ever he wants. Wouldn't you think that if you were armed and trained on how to use your weapon safely that your odds are better to save yourself and your family to shoot the intruder before he does the same to yours or should you just ask him if you can call the police because he does not belong in your house ? 

If you believe ANY of that then ya really need your head checked. I used to be a gun owner until a very tragic boat accident a couple years ago.  Seems my 270 and my pistol are in the bottom of the lake after my canoe turned over while I was in the middle of the lake.

c10250
House Bee

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

Gun laws work!  Just look at the city of Chicago, where it has been illegal to own a hand gun for the last 30 years.  There is absolutely no handgun violence in Chicago, right? Smiley
marksmith
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »

The posting was just a forwarded joke in a email, but you do not want to open that can of worms about people not killing others if owning guns is outlawed. We the civilians are part of the defence of our country (read your real history, not what is taught in the schools today) and if the guns are removed from the law abiding citizen, then the only people with them will be the criminals that will still have no problem getting them.  Lets say that your place is being , broken into by your local crack head that does not care if he has to kill you and yor family, to take what ever he wants. Wouldn't you think that if you were armed and trained on how to use your weapon safely that your odds are better to save yourself and your family to shoot the intruder before he does the same to yours or should you just ask him if you can call the police because he does not belong in your house ? 

I think you took me seriously.  I am being 'over the top' sarcastic.  I believe in protecting you and your family from all danger.... no matter the cost.

IMHO the militia is there to form an armed resistance when needed... for the government or AGAINST the government. A well armend militia is definitely a must.

Mark Smith - Elkton, OR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next