Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 10:31:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegetarians don't use honey????  (Read 5784 times)
crw13755
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 12:49:02 PM »

After ya'll are done with the podium can I have the wood to keep building on to my chicken coop I dont think they would mind the distinct smell of Political BS LOL
AdmiralD
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 12:59:50 PM »

Well, I don't know if a soapbox will contribute to your chicken coop building, but you might get a spot for nesting material . I think your chickens wouldn't mind an  egg laying spot..., and neither would the lacto-oval vegetarians... Cheesy mind the eggs, that is.... Cheesy
crw13755
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 01:30:07 PM »

LOL it was kinda getting serious just wanted to lighten things up a bit I dont have much opinion on alot of things cause I always try to see all sides fairly and stay out of the spotlight for others to have cause honestly that is how the world has evolved for the past 100 yrs everyone has an opinion and somhow it all balences out one way or the other so wheather or not anyone is right or this is much better than the other it seems to me something is going right people are living more healthier and longer.
Lesli
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 04:24:11 PM »

Well, to keep the lighthearted tone up, honey is kosher--the reasoning being that bees don't make it, they just bring it. So is propolis.

But beeswax is not kosher, because it is produced by bees, and they, of course, are not kosher.

So, there ya go.

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 06:12:40 PM »

Quote from: Lesli
--the reasoning being that bees don't make it, they just bring it.

Ah, but they do.  It is their digestive enzyme that converts complex sugars into simple sugars which is part of the conversion from nectar to honey.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

taw
New Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »

In the end, I try not to dismiss folks for believing things I disagree with, and in many cases, really alien to my thinking. (I say try, because, I catch myself breaking this rule myself all the time) We all exist on a continuum of beliefs and idealism. I, personally, won't eat pork bought from the supermarket because I think the commercial pork industry has crossed a line of ethics. Vegans are simply very strict about their eating/use of animal/animal-produced products - they know there are no absolutes. Everyone has their line of ethics. There are folks even more strict than Vegans. Zealous followers of the Jainist tradition sweep the ground in front of them with a delicate broom to avoid injurying any creature. I am sure they are aware that they can't save them all. It's all a matter of degree. To each their own. I shake my head in wonder at the religious folks that evangelize me on my own front porch! The nerve! Smiley Well, they think they are doing the right thing. I ask them to please leave and not come back - they do. All is well. If it happens often enough, I will stick a sign at my driveway.

Anyway, let's not get nasty. There are a lot of good folks from all walks of life... Maybe *I* am being too idealistic. Smiley

<Insert witty signature here>
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 06:55:30 PM »

Quote from: crw13755
LOL it was kinda getting serious just wanted to lighten things up a bit.

I'm always serious when eating my steak, and you better not get in the way. cheesy

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Lesli
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 07:40:45 PM »

Ah, but they do. It is their digestive enzyme that converts complex sugars into simple sugars which is part of the conversion from nectar to honey.

I'm just giving you the logic of what I read. Smiley Good thing, too, otherwise, there would be no "land of milk and... umm, ya know."

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next