Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 04:09:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A 15-pound burger goes on sale  (Read 1083 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: May 06, 2005, 12:54:56 AM »

A 15-pound burger goes on sale

A Pennsylvania eatery is challenging diners to eat a huge burger at one sitting.
May 4, 2005: 12:13 PM EDT

A Pennsylvania restaurant is selling a 15-pound burger that comes with 25 slices of cheese, 1 whole head of lettuce, 2 onions and other additions.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Starting last weekend, a Pennsylvania restaurant put a 15-pound burger on its menu, claiming the largest burger available anywhere.

Dennis Liegey, the owner of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, 120 northeast of Pittsburgh, said the "Beer Barrel Belly Buster" weighs in with 10 pounds of meat molded into a 20-inch patty on a specially baked, 17-inch bun.

The balance of the weight comes from 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, plus copious quantities of mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, and peppers.

Any two people who can eat it within a three-hour sitting get it for free. For everyone else, it costs $30.

Long-running challenge
"We've been running a burger challenge since 1991," said Liegey. "It started out with two- and three-pound patties, and went to a six-pounder in 1998 with five pounds of toppings."

Over the years Liegey said he has sold more than 10,500 of the two- and three-pounders, and 853 of the six-pounders.

He has kept careful count of how many diners have finished each offering: 256 ate the whole two-pounder and 39 finished three-pounders. And last February, one person, a 100-pound female college student, Kate Stelnick, from Princeton, New Jersey, ate the entire six-pounder. (The burger with toppings represented 11 percent of her body weight.)

The 15-pound burger can feed a family of 10, according to Liegey. He has sold two so far to teams of two people, and neither team did much more than put a dent in it.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:58:11 AM »

Meanwhile... McDonalds ended the whole SUPERSIZED campaigne because people said it promoted obesity - when in fact ALL IT DID was cause people to order TWO "Large" instead of ONE "supersize" giving McDonalds a 85% profit over the the Supersized item.

I found it insulting personally that ANYONE has the power to cause a company to change their menus ESPECIALLY when the nutritional information is available at both the eatery (upon request) and on the web all the time.

So now, with my Big Mac - I order two large fries (giving me only 25% more fries than a supersize when packed well) but paying 85% more for them. Actually, I buy 2 Big Macs (which reheat VERY NICELY in the microwave when closed up in their box for 35 seconds) and the fries get a light spray of "cooking oil in the spray can" and a light toss in the fry pan.

But once again the PC people stick their faces in our business and force us to spend more for less and they THINK they have saved the world.

I'm delighted to see a 15 pound hamberger and welcome the 10 pound hot dog - and if you don't want to eat it... Don't buy it!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:48:53 AM »

John when you go to eat this monster
Bring back pictures

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 11:03:03 PM »

I'll take three!!!!

Bee Boy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next